Would you want to see Mario Kart as a multiplatform game

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by Sterling Walker, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I got to try Dolphin on Mac and I agree it plays great. I'm saving up for a new computer so that I can get to play these heavier emulators better. Just hoping that it wouldn't end up costing me a lot.

2. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I won't mind it for sure, but I doubt that Nintendo would ever let that happen It's one of their best fist party exclusives. Why would they do it?

3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I don't think I want any Nintendo IP to be on any console other than a Nintendo one. As much flack as Nintendo gets for being largely irrelevant for a few years, they turn it around and make me feel like a kid with every release of their first party games. They make their consoles and games to complement each other, and I don't think it would feel as good playing Mario Kart on PS4 or Xbox.

4. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Member

I would really love to see that happen. I do not play my wii or gamecube as often as I used to, as I use my playstation 4 now more than ever. If they were to release Mario Kart 8 for playstation I would surely snatch it up, and I know many other sony users would too.

5. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

It'd be weird to see that one on a crossplatform. Especially considering since it's one of Nintendo's own. I don't seeing that happening anytime soon. Though I do wonder, if they DID allow that who would be invited to race with them? I'm all for Sly being in there and him using his cane to "borrow" some funds from the other players.

6. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

The idea is just ... weird.

The game is made by nintendo, and has been one of nintendo's bestsellers, so it wouldn't feel right to play it on another platform.
    The game is now an icon of nintendo, it wouldn't fit the PS3 or XBox theme, it only would be really awkward.

I don't have a PS3/4 nor an Xbox myself, so I don't really care, I just would find it weird and not nice to see this game on a playstation, it wouldn't feel right.

7. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

This is a really good idea, but I don't think Nintendo will actually do this.

8. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Nope. Nintendo is having a hard time now and also Nintendo always keep their games on their own consoles.