Will you ever get tired of them?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by JessiFox, Dec 3, 2014.

1. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

So obviously, most of us really enjoy the Mario Kart games...perhaps some of them more than others, but overall they're well liked. Do you think that you'll ever get sick of them? Or are they interesting and different enough to keep you coming back?

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I typically play Mario Kart for less than an hour each session and have a blast every time. I think so long as you don't play it too long each sitting it will always be a fun and appealing game.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think I will tire of it to some degree but not so much so that I'll completely avoid it in the future. I think these types of games are best played sparingly because to me it's not that the of game that you obsess over and you'd absolutely have to play everyday until you get sick of it.

4. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

I usually have a set amount of races I do. However, that depends on my mood from time to time. When I feel like playing for awhile, I go for the 8 races. After times, it feels like 8 races and then some when you're against the computer. Other times, when you're playing with a friend and just having fun, you're both surprised to see how fast the tracks flew by. I think it just depends on the person playing the game.

5. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

The onliest mario kart games I got really quickly tired of were Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart Super Circuit. The others have always been a lot of fun, because of different reasons. For example, in the DS version, you'd have to master 'snaking' to be a pro, in mario kart wii, you'd have to master all shortcuts, and this always made it a great challenge for me to win every possible race I could win.

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Member

I might eventually get sick of them, but so far they have been very entertaining and they keep adding new features with each new game so it might be a long long until I'm bored with Mario Kart.

7. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

So it seems we all agree they're fine in small doses then...some things are better appreciated in moderation :).

8. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

Indeed, but I think that's for the most nintendo games. You can't really nolive on them for a few hours, though daily half an hour is a lot of fun, and doesn't get boring that fast.

9. NathanG

NathanG New Member

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Mario Kart, it's been one of my favorite games for a while now. It's just so competitive, yet fun, and a great game to be played with multiple people! :)

10. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

That's a good point. When I think of games that I've really geeked out on for long, sustained periods it's not typically nintendo that comes to mind.

11. jcc

jcc New Member

I will never get bored of the concept- it is to me, a great way to "family bond" as long as it isn't done so often that it is no longer "fun" for anyone, rather just a great "treat". MK8 is also to me, the best Mario Kart has been, and it is certainly not wrong to credit it for the "revival" of the Wii U.

12. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

I wasn't aware that the console needed reviving. What happened that killed it off in the first place?

Also, I don't get tired of the game because we switch it up by doing the items options. Makes it see who has the right skills to get to first place. (Trust me, it's not hard depending on the track, as well as your vehicle.)

13. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

Nintendo wanted the Wii U to be released earlier than the Xbox One and PS4, and now it isn't that powerful compared to those 2. This causes bigger developers to not release their games on the Wii U, making it have less big titles (for instance GTA V) That's what's happened.

14. Glen

Glen New Member

They aren't my first pick game, but always a blast when I do play them. It is my go-to game with friends over, though. Always fun and laughs all around. Never have gotten sick of them, probably because I don't play it that much. Like other people have said, Mario Kart is best enjoyed in small doses, and I completely agree. In my opinion, this game isn't so much a "full" game anyway, and rather just a arcade-type game that you don't really have to get into.

Great game though. Countless hours spent on this having a good time with buddies.

15. Kuzan

Kuzan New Member

I don't think I will. Typically I spend a fair amount of time with it, but not so much to cause fatigue. To add more, each entry always bring some changes to keep it fresh, so it always get me to come back. The fun in this game is playing with friends or other people, so there's always that good feeling of wanting to play it again and again. So it works for me, I really don't think I'll ever get tired.

16. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

Indeed, nice said, this is about the same as I feel it. The differences between two releases are there, and with friends or family, it's always fun!

Kuzan likes this.
  17. Strykstar

Strykstar Member

Absolutely!
    I think they are at their best as a quick party game, just pop it in, pass the controllers around and you'll have a couple hours of people both having fun playing and having fun watching.

18. Miles Hansen

Miles Hansen New Member

Mario Kart by myself: Absolutely.
    Mario Kart with friends: No way. Playing with friends is the best part of Mario Kart. There's no other party game even half as fun, and I can't think of a game that rivals it when it comes to the amount of feelings people invest into the game. It's amazing. So in short: No, I don't think I ever will.

19. primaLucid

primaLucid New Member

I'll never get tired of Mario Kart 8. It is a classic Nintendo game and racing in general is fun to do. There is competition, wide variety of characters, and interesting maps. Watching Mario Kart grow and expand in graphics and gameplay is amazing.

20. BJL717

BJL717 New Member

I've been playing Mario Kart since I was 5 years old. This is one game I will never get tired of. By the way, how can anyone get tired of Mario Kart? It is so much fun and entertaining, especially if you're playing with friends or family.