Why is Moses white?

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by Gin0710, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

In the new movie coming out with Christian Bale as Moses, why did they cast a white person to play Moses? I don't understand Hollywood!! Moses was not white! There's no way someone could live in Egypt and be white? I know they're going for audience, not substance to the story, but it pisses me off that they continue to cast white actors for a role that clearly is based on a character who is not white. I'm not racist, I'm just pointing out that Hollywood does a horrible job of casting actors for roles like this.

2. troutski

troutski Active Member

This is what Hollywood has done since its inception, miscast roles for historical figures. It's not that big of a deal nor will it change anytime soon. That's just how Hollywood operates.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

They do it because they are still mostly making the movies for Americans, and it's probably a lot easier to sympathize with the main character when he or she is of your own race. I don't mind because it is their industry and if the rest of the world doesn't like it then they should start trying to get their movie industry up to the same standard as. Hollywood which I honestly would love to see.

4. wulfman

wulfman Member

Look at how they misrepresented Achilles in the movie "Troy"