Who do you feel is the main protagonist for the game?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by gunbotsiege, May 15, 2015.

1. gunbotsiege

gunbotsiege New Member

Rockstar tried to make a "3 star" game when they started GTA 5. But that doesn't mean the game actually reflected that in the end. Everyone is going to have an opinion, but who do you think is the main person of the game?

2. troutski

troutski Active Member

It's Michael, but they did a fine job of incorporating three people into the game, and each one had his moments in the campaign.

3. tarverten

tarverten New Member

I thought the main character was Michael for most of the game, the story really revolved around him and was propelled by him and the characters in his life and past. Later I felt it switched more to Trevor and that Frank was along for the ride for most of it.

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear New Member

Since your goals in Grand Theft Auto is to become a successful criminal I consider Trevor to be the main character in the game.

Michael is washout with a family. He wants to retire and live the rest of his life swimming in his luxury pool, and so on. Franklin on the other hand was just there.

5. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine New Member

As much as I like Franklin, he's just a stand-in for CJ and San Andreas fans and the cliche' rags-to-riches hood story, and Trevor is a lame vehicle for Rockstar to air their edgy grievances about American culture who ends up playing lapdog to the very people he hates. Michael may be a washed-up geezer but he's at the core of V's story

6. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Michael had a lot to do with the game. But so did Franklin and Trevor. I think Franklin was the funniest though.

7. TheViper

TheViper Member

It is pretty obvious that Michael is the main guy in this game. I would have loved if they had more missions oriented for Franklin. Just seems like they could have did a lot more but the missions were pretty much all connected back to Michael in some way.

8. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

The game seemed about Michael and changing his life around and also seems he wants to get along with his family as well and if the game had only him it would be his story the whole way through. I reckon that, Trevor is the next guy as he is about revenge and also has a temper as well and kind of angry at Michael faking his death which is interesting in the game. Franklin was more into the game due to Michael getting him into the crime world and seemed like Cj at times but a good guy mostly in the game.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

I get the feeling the story seems to focus mainly on Franklin with the way most of the side missions involve him. It's his story on moving up in the world and the others are there to help him along.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Michael was the spotlight of the game for sure, although Franklin wasn't a bad character overall and it added a little bit more of personality to the game.
    Trevor was up there too.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I feel like the game is mostly about Michael. Some of the missions are related to Michael's wife, daughter and son. Franklin is just his protege and Trevor is his old friend.
    With that said, Trevor is my favorite character.

12. Maddogg401

Maddogg401 New Member

Michael is the main character of the story to be sure. Since the story seems to revolve around him and Trevor and Franklin are somewhat secondary characters compared to him. But the character I had the most fun with was Trevor. Trevor is too much fun to play with.

13. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

Like many above I agree Michael seems to be the focus, which is especially interesting when you consider he represents the player who has already beaten the game, while Trevor represents the player who just free roams, and Franklin represents the first time player. Throughout the game it is Michael decisions that drives the story forward, from taking keeping the truth from Trevor, to taking Franklin in under his wing as a protege. It's hard to say if he grows much as a character, but he does come to terms with his past and abandoned friend.

14. lisasian86

lisasian86 New Member

Definitely Michael, he is the msot alpha of the three and he connects them all together but my favourite is Frankin because he reminds me of CJ from San Andreas.

15. Bowyer

Bowyer New Member

Like everyone else, I would say Michael too. I enjoyed all three of them in their own separate ways, but Franklin and Trevor just didn't feel like main characters for some reason. Perhaps I just didn't connect with them in the same way.

16. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Michael is definitely the orotagonist as the whole story focuses around his decisions and how they affect everyone around him. If you pay attention you can see that Trevor and Franklin are just going along with what Michael does.

17. serbog

serbog New Member

The story mainly revolves around Micheal and you don't even see Trevor until half of the game. I think it's really nice what they did with the three main character feature and I would like too see it being implemented in GTA 6 too.

18. pmk1996

pmk1996 Member

I don't think there's a main protagonist. The main protagonist that you get to deal with are Michael, Trevor and Franklin.

19. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

It's difficult to say really. I'm sure there is an article out there that has worked out how many minutes/hours each character got on screen to work out who the real main protagonist was. For me, it probably has to be Michael because I guess he is just the one that we see the most during the story. But then again, it could have been Franklin because of the fact that he is ultimately the one that gets to make the decision at the end whether to kill one of the others or save them both.

20. sidney

sidney Member

Like what has been said, I do think that it's Trevor, since he is the main character of the game.