What Was The First Smartphone Game You Ever Played?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Wubwub, Nov 22, 2013.

1. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

My first smartphone game was actually something from not too long ago, and it's not some "ancients" like Angry Bird or Fruit Slice :p
    It's "Dumb Ways to Die", a pretty cute(or disturbing >_>) game that you try to save the cartoons from dying from some trivial matters.
    Plus they got a very nice song to boot:

2. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Temple Run. I have seen it on my friend's mobile. So when I got my first android phone, I downloaded Temple Run and played. It was fun playing it for some weeks :D

3. Clanky

Clanky Member

Doodle Jump. It was place 1 in the charts in the app store (got a Android now) when I got my first iPhone, so I downloaded it. Was boring though, lol.

4. matrixor

matrixor Member

I don't really remember the first Mobile game I played. It was probably Fruit Ninja or some racing game. I was addicted to them when I got them. I really played them a lot.

5. Sarz

Sarz New Member

I am not to sure to be honest. I didn't really play games on my phone until quite recently. I think it was angry birds or 4 pics 1 word and then candy crush. All totally addictive hence why I try not to. :)

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've been seeing this a few times on the app store but never paid attention to it, but after seeing your post, I decided to check it out on Youtube and it does look very interesting. I actually like the cute and morbid combination, so I'll probably like this. Thanks for your recommendation!

7. Catalyst64

Catalyst64 New Member

I am pretty sure it was Fruit Ninja. I played it on a friend's Kindle. It looked so fun that I just had to try it. Then I downloaded the PC version and played it until I got a smartphone myself. It was interesting, but compared to some of today's games - not so great.

8. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Member

The first game that I ever played on my first smart phone was, like most people, angry birds. I downloaded angry birds when it was first released and was immediately hooked on it. I haven't played it in forever just because my phones battery dies so fast.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@FosterTXT - I played the newer variations of the game and while I really enjoyed the game before, now I find it very boring. I think it's because smartphone games have evolved and are a bit more complex nowadays so I may just have grown used to that, but I still enjoy a lot of the simple smartphone games so it may just be due to the certain brand of simplicity that AB has.

10. Dez97

Dez97 Member

Mine was subway surfer because my mom and sister finally decided I was grown up enough to get a phone without buttons.

11. jurew2

jurew2 Member

The first game I played on the smartphone was Fruit Ninja I think. When I first got a smartphone it was really exciting for me, because I could go to the internet with my phone and browse the same stuff as on the computer. I completly forgot about the games on the smartphone and my friend told me I could play cool games on the smartphone that you couldn't play on the old phones. After I was told that I almost imidiatly went to the google apps store or how was it called back then and downloaded the Fruit Ninja game. I still have it on my phone and I play it occasionaly when I'm bored and have nothing else to do.

12. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

My first mobile game was Temple Run. I continued on to Temple Run 2, then I sort of stopped after one of the updates. I just started getting bored of the game. I find that mobile games get boring faster than games on consoles and PC.

13. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I think it was Subway Surfers and Angry Birds. I like both of those games until now.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. Their strengths are their weaknesses as well which is that they are too simple. It makes them very easy to pick up and get addicted to, but due to the simplicity the charm wears off a lot quicker.

15. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Edit, but the very first smartphone game I have played was Pou not on my phone though.

16. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I think it was Fruit Ninja, but one of the most memorable must be Tiny Wings. Those were two great games that were extremely popular back in the day. I really wish I could see some more new updates for them.

17. MissBin

MissBin Member

First game i played was Fruit Slice. I remember i downloaded it on the first day i bought my smartphone and played it for 4 or 5 hours. It is a great addictive game i got to admit but very fun to play. The better you play the harder the game gets and i like that kind of games. After tons of hours playing it i said i got to find something else so i played Angry Birds and the cycle repeats :).

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@MissBin I remember playing fruit slice too! It got kind of repetitive but it was great for killing a few minutes while waiting four food to arrive at a restaurant or standing in line.