What was the first racing game you remember playing?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Ghost Rider, Nov 11, 2013.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Outrun for the SEGA Genesis was my first racing game. No, wait. It might have been Hang On! and then Outrun. Great, now I confused myself. I sure it's one of those two.

2. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I think my first racing game was Stunt Race FX for the Snes. I honestly didn't remember the name, I had to look it up, but I remember it being tons of fun. I played that game for hours with my brother back in the day.

3. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

My first racing game was Speed Racer on the SNES. Aside from the catchy music, and the quirky jumping powerup on my car, I can't really remember much about the rest of the gameplay. The perception of speed was pretty lame to say the least, modern games are many times more thrilling!

4. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

I used to play a reason game on a nintendo console but I really can't remember its name. I guess the first one I really remember is Mario Kart for the Nintendo 64. Definitely was a big part of my childhood just like the other game I mentioned, too bad I really can't remember the name!

5. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

The first racing game I've ever played was Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit (the 1998 one). I remember the tracks to this day. Really fun game, but I couldn't go back to it today due to its graphics. I've been really spoiled lately.

6. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Super Mario Kart for the SNES. I was maybe 5 years old at the time, and really had a hard time with it. Afterwards, ATV Off-road Fury and Gran Turismo 3 are the games that really got me into racing games.

7. jurew2

jurew2 Member

The first racing game that I remember playing was probably a Moto GP game, but I don't remember when it was released. I was playing it on the Windows 95 so it has to be somewhere in the 90s or late 80s. I remember how much I played it, alone, with my cousins, my friends, we all loved playing it. If I could remember the correct name of the game it would be awesome, I could play the game again, if not for anything else just for the nostalgia.

8. MissBin

MissBin Member

The first racing game i ever played was Formula I i think 2003 or something like that. I think i was playing it on Windows 95 with my older friends because i didn't have my own pc yet at that time and it was so cool because it was probably my first pc game i ever played. I hope i can find that game and play it again on my pc just to jump back in that time.