What view do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Ghost Rider, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I would have done it this way as well. Even though I'm not very good at first person I think I'd make it work If I had a wheel as a controller. I think it would add a lot of amusement for me and my friends to see me fail multiple times.

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

Birds eye is the best for me. I can really gauge the drifting better, and I can judge the terrain better. Third person is doable, but I can't see the tail end of the car so it's hard to judge the drift.

3. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

I'm fine with a few different views, honestly. Birds eye or third person in general is okay, but sometimes I get the most fun out of playing from first person view.

4. BRyze

BRyze Member

"You're the only person who gets dizzy in first person mode." My friends have told me that a ton of times. I usually use the default view but I occasionally use the higher angle view that some games provide. I just can't use first person mode because for some reason I get motion sick. That's probably more than you needed to know.

5. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

My favorite camera view is definitely the cockpit view, where I can see the dashboard and my steering wheel, and the driver's hand when he shifts gears. I hate the hood view, and the view in front of the hood, which is basically like a bumper camera. I also like the view behind the car, and I use that if a race is REALLY hard and I can't see well in first-person. But, I prefer the dashboard camera, but if that's not there, I'll always use the view behind the car.

I'm kind of sad that Grid 2 doesn't have a cockpit view, I just bought it yesterday.

6. moaz13

moaz13 Member

First person for sure, it's more immersive for me and I can't imagine how great this would be on an Oculus Rift

7. BatDash

BatDash New Member

Third person, without a doubt.

I've never been much of an advocate of first person games, whether ti be driving, shooting, or just basic adventure games. I just can't get into them, they don't interest me, they aggravate and annoy me, and basically just ruin the gaming experience for me. I guess I just like to see the character I'm playing as, or the car I'm driving.

8. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I really like the third person view. I think that it is the best view and it is the only view that I like to use when I am playing racing games.

9. BluBird

BluBird Member

I like Cockpit Cam. It makes it feel more realistic.

10. shreklock

shreklock Member

Firs-person view is my favorite, but only if the mirrors, meter and such work. If there's none of that, for me the game feels cheap and unfinished.

11. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

I prefer third person, but not the "action" or "close up" views. I prefer the third person views that focus on the surrounding area, not just the car. I like having a wide field of view, and if I wanted first person I would go driving in an empty parking lot.