What elements would your perfect racing game have?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by thepieeatingjay, Nov 6, 2014.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Perfect steering with some nice interaction between the players. I'd also love a fun multiplayer mode with a lot of customization. That would make me insta-buy that game.

2. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

Car garages, mmorpg style character creation system, the ability to "live" within the game and a metric ton of customization for cars. Also the best drifting mechanics in the world.

3. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Lots of customization, lots of tracks, and most importantly, lots of cars. I'd also include modding support for PC, and I would try to include some fun mechanics to the game without going too far from the original formula.

4. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

So do I. I think that customizing cars is very interesting to do, because you can be creative and create you're own unique car. :)

5. spence88

spence88 Member

Sorry to bump again an old topic, (I guess I'll have to say this for my next couple of posts because they are going to be bump posts lol)

For me, the AIs must be improved! The AIs has always been a major flaw of every racing game. I really hope the developers find a way to "set difficulty" for AIs and not just simply rubberbanding them. I have my own thread about this rubberbanding mechanic, so you might want to check it out. :)

6. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

I would most likely have customization in the racing game, as well as great driving mechanics and lastly it would have pretty good graphics. The driving styles comes fist in my opinion.

7. GenevB

GenevB Member

First I would make a game like NFSU2, where you can upgrade your car as you like, but I would take it to the extreme point where everything you put on your car matters somehow for its aerodynamics.

Also I would make it so you can upgrade every single small component of the car, from the engine to the brakes, and even pay companies to develop several engines. Also it would need to have a great gameplay control, a good story, maybe something like Need for Speed Carbon and of course, insane roads to go.

8. spence88

spence88 Member

I guess I haven't really answered the question completely in my last post. For me it would be this (from the most important to the least important:

1. Gameplay - Driving Style
    2. Control - (how true is the control of the car to its stats?)
    3. Metagame - Multiplayer experience
    4. Graphics - need I say more
    5. AI - rubberbanding mechanics must be improved
    6. Customization

9. spectre456

spectre456 Member

My perfect racing game would have every competitive Mazda vehicle. Not many racing games have them all, or they make them available only for certain things, like drift challenges.
    Aside from that a simulation with a real sense of speed would be pretty much what would make a game for me. I played GT and while I loved it, I felt like the feeling of speed was absent.

10. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

Loads and loads and loads of customization and a hell lot of options for players, graphics would be improved like any other game and maybe mess up with the physics a little and one small provision for the person to get out of their vehicle.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Modifications are a big part of the street racing scene, so if the game was based in that, that's what I'd focus most on.

Street racing is about your car looking good, aswell as winning races, and so you're going to need to be able to do whatever you want to it, and not be limited to a sticker here and there.

12. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I'm sure it's been said already, but a really good AI would be my number one thing. AI generally just stinks in video games in general, but racing games in particular have some awful AI. The whole rubber banding needs to be improved or eliminated altogether.

pwarbi likes this.
  13. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I like the game as real as possible, especially the driving physics, but I do know exactly what you mean. It is far more fun to be able to just make turns when you're going 100 mph. You want to find that balance where it feels like realistic driving, but not enough where it just an annoyance.

14. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

A multiplayer world racing game would be really interesting. I'm not even sure what that would even look like. What would you be able to do outside of racing in that type of game?

pwarbi likes this.
  15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I've also thought about this in the past and while it would be a unique idea, I'm also not exactly sure what else you'd do outside of the racing aspect of it.

You could feed and train your dmdricer maybe, but that's about it, and that also may detract from the actual racing element of the game aswell, and that has to be the most important part.

16. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

A story element is good only if the story is good. We shouldn't just have a story because the game needs a story. If at all the game is going to have a story, then they should create better stories.

17. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I guess you could make it like a Sims game where you have to control your driver's diet to perform effectively. Another cool thing would be to add a career mode where drivers have to select teams and team members. You can build rapport with your teammates off the track, which improves your racing ability.

pwarbi likes this.
  18. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I would like to have a video game that has an option of customizing the cars in a way you want. The game should have multiple unique features such as choosing the combination of your favourite locations, creating your own checkpoints, etc.

19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

That's the kind of thing I'm thinking. In the career mode you'd start out as a go kart racer so you'd have to work to earn money to spend on your kart, aswell as train to keep in shape. Work your way up and negotiate with sponsers and eventually become a F1 world champion where you could then do the press conferences, things like that.

It wouldn't just be race after race after race, you'd have other things to do that would influence the races in between also.

20. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

That sounds awesome and I would definitely get into a game like that. Sports games have done that pretty well. Madden and MLB the Show had career modes that were like that, but it still lacked the off the field stuff. I'm pretty surprised they still haven't built up career modes in games. In seems like the main focus of video games are the multiplayer online modes. The single player modes often get neglected.