What about simulation games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by davis, Oct 10, 2013.

1. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Most games allow you to jump right in and play. I'd guess some like to customize, but most have stock cars that are usable right away. It is a plus if you are into that type of thing.

Wubwub likes this.
  2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I haven't played the newer sim racing games but of the previous ones I only could use the stock cars to win some of the first few rounds and later on I find myself having to customize just to keep up. I find the customization fun though.

3. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I've never played the game but having read numerous reviews and a number of posts on Reddit, most people think Asseto Corsa is one of the best Sim racing games. While it doesn't have some fancy features you have on Forza and Gran Turismo [something like career mode] but for some reason AC fans turn to it when either of the two games bore them. That's why I have no doubt you'll like the game. And oh, it's coming to Xbox One and PS4. Good news if you like console gaming.

4. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I think of the 3 only Project CARS can be considered as successful today. The hype for the other two has died down considerably.

5. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I haven't played Assto Corsa either, but I've heard it is more on the arcade compared to other driving simulators like Gran Turismo. I've read the physics engine is still quite limited because the developers of Assto Corsa is relatively small.

6. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

According to something I saw on Steam there some who think the developers are deliberately making the game to be more "arcadey." In the gaming world you give your fans what they want. If they feel the game is too hard because of the physics then you make the game a little bit easier. Don't know if the claims that the game is being made arcadey are true.