The best things in life are free (Play Store)?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Ghost Rider, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

The Play Store is a great place to go to and search for awesome downloads. I've been downloading, installing, and uninstalling a lot of games recently and all of these games were for free. There are numerous paid games out there too but I have not been compelled to purchase them recently.

So I guess they're right - the best things in life are free.

2. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Bur free things are ad-supported too :p. I do not have any objection with getting things for free. I only buy when there is a better paid version.

3. rebel

rebel New Member

They're partly right. Some of the free games you can find on the store are just full of ads and unplayable due to that. It's just too annoying to play something, finish a mission or whatever and then get a whole ad page - you get turned down.

4. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

But some games show you ads only when you are connected to the internet. If you don't want to see ads when playing a free game, then you can just turn off your internet connection. That way you would not be bothered by any ads and you could play the game smoothly.

5. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

It's always good to get free stuff. but I don't believe that the best things are free. Titanfall?

6. randee555

randee555 Member

I love the free games at the play store. I think it's great to try a game before you pay for it and there are a whole bunch of cool games to try out and if you don't like them, you can easily uninstall them and move on to the next one. It's a win win situation.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I love the free games as well. I think I'd be really angry if a game I paid for turned out to be crappy, and at least with free games you can just delete them without even giving it a second thought like you said.

8. Sarz

Sarz New Member

Yes the best things in life are definitely free and app store us one of them. Can't complain about ads, when you are getting the game for free. If you don't like the ads pay to go ad free. It also gives the option to try before you buy. For example got introduced to Plague Inc loved it, bought the full version. Happy days :)

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I personally think just having ads on free games is a good structure, and more games should adopt it as a lot of people are willing to pay developers for a good product. Also, very good point about getting to try games first because I'm usually hesitant to buy games immediately as well without getting to try them out first.

10. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Well, this statement can be true at some times. But usually free things come with a catch. So for example, downloading free games form the Play Store means that you have to watch the ads before playing the game. But that's only for some games.

11. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I like the free games a lot, because I don't play games on my phone constantly. So buying a game for my phone isn't worth it at all, I would reather have a phone without games than have to pay for them. I don't my the occasional add that shows up after I finish a level or when I start a game up if it's a good game. I like supporting the developers with that (watching the adds) and not supporting them by spending real life money on the games I play just ocassionally.

12. Audra72ad

Audra72ad New Member

I download games and apps from the play store all time, especially if they are free. I'll download a game that I'm curious about and play it. If I like it, I keep it. If I don't like it, I'll uninstall it . I also have to keep in mind how much storage space I have left on my phone to determine if I'm going to keep it or not. I don't want to waste perfectly good storage on an app or game I don't want. I try to avoid paying for an app or game as much as possible. I also read the reviews on the app or game before I install it to make sure they are worth it.

13. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I mostly download my files (games) from google play, but I'll have a check on Play Store.
    Also it's great to hear that some as you said "the best" games are free. :)

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I do this too especially when I see promos I really make it a point to take advantage of freebies because it's the best time to test them out and if I don't like them then I just delete them as well because they were free anyway. The beat thing is that even when they eventually go back to being paid apps, I still already have them in my library for future download if ever I decide to play them again.

15. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

This is really the sad truth. Most free games are loaded with ads that cover the screen.

16. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

There are ALOT of really neat games on the play store.. more than on idevices even..

17. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I found some programs which can block ads. It blocks most of the in-game ads too. So it is bearable now.