The best GTA?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by StompnNubs, Mar 13, 2014.

1. insertkittyface

insertkittyface New Member

I think San Andreas was easily one of the best out of the series, but that could just be because it's the first one I played. I really, really need to replay it again, just for some good ol' nostalgia.

2. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

I also agree that Gta San Andreas is the best of the series. San Andreas was ahead of its time in terms of gameplay and graphics. The developers did an excellent job with it and it has been hard to match so far. I hope we can get another GTA in the future that is ahead of its time like how San Andreas was.

3. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Totally agreed. I really with they'd remake San Andreas, the same map, same skins, just better texturing, graphics, features. Make it more real. It'd be so good and would sell so much in my opinion. When you speak about GTA, anyone from 14 to 30 years old will immediately relate to San Andreas. The new generation will probably go like GTA IV or V though.

4. vawwm

vawwm New Member

Might not be the best one, but my favorite one. Waiting for GTA 5 on PC!

5. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

That'll be a blast whenever it happens. Is there any previewed date for that to happen? I really can't wait, as a PC gamer, to experience GTA V on a computer. The mod possibilities, all those things you can't do in a console will be possible to do on PC.

6. Tumwriter92

Tumwriter92 New Member

I like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, it was so much to do in that game and by the far the best Grand Theft Auto game in my opinion, as much as I like Grand Theft Auto 5, if Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2 would ever come out, it will top Grand Theft Auto 5 for sure.

7. unikeko

unikeko New Member

I really like it, and I really don't. I like the new things they put in, like kind of building your character, the variation in terrain and all the other features.
    However, I never got really into the whole gang setting. Maybe because we don't really have gangs in the same way here, so it's kind of unfamiliar to me.
    I still play it every now and then though. Would be fun with a better multiplayer. PS games are always more fun to duo.

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

San Andreas is probably the second best GTA game after Grand Theft Auto V. It had tons of great features, the gameplay was smooth, and the story was pretty darn long. There were tons of side missions and vehicles and everything you could ask for. If you ported that game to the PS4 and Xbox One and updated the graphics, then it would still be a great game even today.

9. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Indeed. Considering the gaming development at the time, GTA San Andreas had nothing similar to compete with. It was just brilliant and there was nothing better for a long, long time, I can say.

10. SLAMDAT

SLAMDAT New Member

I definitely agree... Would have, anyways. GTA V topped GTA San Andreas in my opinion, even though I didn't expect something to actually beat San Andreas in enjoyability.

11. Strykstar

Strykstar Member

At the time Saints Row was at the second game in the series right?
    GTA IV had a much harder time competing with Saints Row 3, or am I wrong in the dates?

12. ic3squid

ic3squid New Member

Gta SA had a really good storyline and gameplay, the graphics were decent as well. It combined all the things that fans wanted from the previous GTA's and just stuck it all together.

13. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

I guess you're correct. GTA IV was a failure in my opinion though. Maybe because it didn't have time to get more known and developed though. GTA V didn't take that long to appear.

14. MissBin

MissBin Member

San Andreas is personaly the best GTA for its time before GTA V came out. I have played every other GTA but i don't know GTA SA is just the best. The graphics are so cool and the story is just great.

15. dc250g

dc250g New Member

Yeah San Andreas is probably the best one. The only competition for me would be Vice City Stories. Honestly, they could have just made GTA 5 as either a remake or sequel to San Andreas and I would have been ecstatic. Still one of the games I'd take with me to a deserted island, if I had the chance.

16. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Exactly. I'd surely take it with me. GTA San Andreas somehow made this huge success, that everyone knows of, talks about and recommends to their friends.

17. ciorex

ciorex Member

They're all great games, can't just pick one. I loved the homie getto authenticity and awesome "brotha" voice acting in San Andreas though.

18. jurew2

jurew2 Member

San Andreas is really one of the best games of the GTA series and it is also the best known from GTA games by my friends. Everyone knows about GTA San Andreas when you ask him or her about it. He/she will surely know something from the game.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

For me, GTA5 was the best, San Andreas being a close second place. Don't get me wrong, they implemented some great additions to the gimmicks and stuff in San Andreas, but I believe that GTA5 was an even better experience overall. That's just me, though.

20. BulletsFrozen

BulletsFrozen New Member

I still play GTA: SA regularly to this day. It was truly the best GTA so far, and I think GTA V came close to it, but was not as 'good'. What I mean by this is GTA: SA was so revolutionary, it's just mind-blowing how they made such a huge, diverse, fun and endless game out practically no good hardware or software equipment in comparison to today. San Andreas broke technological barriers that had never been broken before, and was really fun to play aswell. GTA V is really fun too, practically with the same enjoyment as San Andreas. But, part of me keeps feeling that they could have pushed GTA V even more, made it even better, and they just didn't. In conclusion both great games, but in my opinion San Andreas was better than its latest counterpart. :)