RIDE 2 Announced For Autumn Release With Over 200 Bikes

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Denis Hard, May 27, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

If you love motor cycle sim racing games, here's some news for you.

The next installment of Milestone's motorcycle sim racing game has been announced.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/new...d-For-Autumn-Release-With-Over-200-Bikes.html
    Ride 2 will be coming to PS 4 and Xbox One later this year. The game will have over 200 bikes "to tame."

2. spectre456

spectre456 Member

The first Ride was pretty fun. I don't know if I would pay full price for a similar experience, but I'll definitely be getting this game at some point if it turns out to be good.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I heard of RIDE before but I never played the game, is it worth trying the first iteration? I have 2 motorcycles in real life so I'm quite passionate about bike racing. Can't wait to see what those 200 bikes are.

4. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

The first Ride was good but they are promising that ride 2 will be better. The largest number of motorcycles to mess with in most of the games I've played is 25 but I didn't like most of them.

200 is quite a large number of bikes and testing them all out could take a really long time so I'm thinking this game might have huge replay value.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Not familiar with this title and I'm not so sure I'd be able to tell apart the two hundred different types of bikes enough to care but I'm sure they have put in a system to make it appeal to even potential casual fans like myself. I've played many games that I never had interest in to begin with but the game mechanics ended up making me appreciate the game overall and as a result made me interested in the topic it is based in.

6. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

That's where the fun is. To find the best bike for you it might force you to test numerous bikes and when you don't like one I'm sure you won't forget what model it was and when you find the ones you like you'll most likely remember the models so next time you are racing, you'll pick them fast.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess so. Now that I think about it I'm not that much into cars either really although I'm definitely more into them than bikes so I guess it will be just similar in that way to me. Probably after playing this game I'll know more and be into bikes just a bit more since these games have become so realistic and accurate.

Denis Hard likes this.
  8. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I think you'll find out that bike racing can be more entertaining than car racing. I've heard that this game will be more of a sim-arcade combo. It's got arcadey elements but isn't full sim either. That's what might make the game not only somewhat challenging but also fun to play.

Wubwub likes this.
  9. justrace

justrace Member

Wow! Such an amazing news. I am very happy to read that this game is going to have over 200 bikes. I agree with the fact that the number of bikes affects the interest of the gamers and the gamers would love the feature of so many bikes. I would love to see the customization option on these bikes.

10. likeandba

likeandba Member

The number of bikes is not going to attract the gamers. Actually, they have to implement many more features. The number of bikes is not the only factor that decides the success of the game. They would add various new location, track styles, etc to make the game more attractive.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I guess so. In GTA I never rode the bikes at first thinking that they were inferior but once I got to learn them they were just as fun and maybe even more so because I got to maneuver a lot easier. I'm guessing the feeling with something like this would be somewhat similar.

Denis Hard likes this.
  12. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Of course not. Nonetheless maybe for those who already played the 2015 game what they needed were more bikes and more locations which is why "more bikes" is a selling point for them.

p.s By the way, I just learned that when Ride was first released, reviewers called it "Gran Turismo" with bikes. When you see a game being compared to GT then it certainly is a good game even if critics didn't think the concept was entirely new.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I have played the RIDE game and I have to say, as a motorbike rider in real life as well, the fact that RIDE 2 as extra bikes to ride DOES appeal to me as I thought the first game was a little limited.

Even if you prefer cars to bikes, I'd still recommend that people give the game a go as it's a great racing game to play at the end of the day, and if you like racing games, no matter what your racing on or in, you'll enjoy the experience.

Denis Hard likes this.
  14. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I did play a boat racing game some years back. I liked the game. To be honest it didn't feel any different from other racing games and the only thing I didn't like about the game is the fact that it wasn't challenging and repetitive. Race from the harbor to the finish line. Win. Repeat.

pwarbi likes this.
  15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

When it comes to racing games, in theory we could race anything and it will be enjoyable as it's the actual competition of racing that I think appeals to most people when buying games like this.

There's a game called G1 Jockey where you play as a jockey racing horses and even that is a good game, especially if there's a few of you playing competing against each other. I don't know anything about horses but I even enjoyed that game as well!

Denis Hard likes this.