Master Cycle DLC is coming!

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by Squigly, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Nintendo has just announced that the 'Master Cycle' will be arriving to Mario Kart 8 via The Legend of Zelda x Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack, which will release next month. The Master Cycle will give bike-users a much-needed boost on the track.

The first DLC pack coming to Mario Kart 8 contains 2 new cups (8 courses), three characters (Link, Tanooki Mario, and Cat Peach), and four new vehicles, one being the Master Cycle. Check out the image below for a closer look at Animal Crossing's Villager and Isabelle, whom will be arriving in the second DLC Pack due to release in May 2015.[​IMG]

Any thoughts? Personally I'm hyped for its release!

2. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Extremely hyped. I've wanted DLC on Mario Kart for years now, really helps to keep the experience nice and fresh. Day one purchase for me.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

I'm just excited for the Master Cycle and Link, but I feel like Nintendo could definitely do more with its DLC for Mario Kart. It's just not really enough. Only two packs?

4. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Hopefully it will be the first of many more packs to come! With a healthy playerbase, and many more possible characters to add I don't see why Nintendo would stop here.

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

I would hope so, but Nintendo has only confirmed two DLC packs at this point. That's not reassuring since there are so many opportunities to add characters into the game, as you've mentioned.

6. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I am really hyped for this and I think that the price is fair for the value it packs. I agree that it's a shame that Nintendo only wants to do 2 DLC packs, especially when they could add so many characters to the game...

7. Askani

Askani Member

Oh nice I had not seen this. I like the master cycle. Looks like it will be a great game addition. I hope they continue to add more packs after these two. i would love to see more classic Nintendo characters added that we can play.

8. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Yes, eagerly awaiting the development and release of Samus (in dat skin-tight plugsuit please.)

Nintendo, please make it happen!

9. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

I'm so excited for this. I've been meaning to play again and this makes me want to play even more. 8 new courses sounds pretty awesome and is definitely better than the DLC we are used to these days. Great job nintendo!

10. NathanG

NathanG New Member

I can't wait! I just wish it didn't cost so much, why can't they release it for free? :( But I will probably end up buying it anyway, haha. I can't wait for the new courses specifically!