Mario Kart 8 Has Sold 2 Million Copies

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Who would have thought that a plumber would make it this far? It's already 3 decades since Nintendo introduced Mario to us. If you were in Nintendo's shoes, would you ever think of making a plumber named Mario your main hero in a game? I certainly wouldn't. But Nintendo did the impossible and made one of the most unlikeliest heroes in video game history a hit. And it seems that this hero would save Nintendo's butt again.

2. Livvy

Livvy Member

If Nintendo was releasing the original Mario today, then yeah I think you'd be right, most people would not even consider Mario beyond the brief crazy planning stages. Back in the day though, you could make a game out of the craziest stuff. Remember, Mario was originally just Jump Man, and was the villain in the Donkey Kong games, as he had abused Donkey Kong

3. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

That's very interesting. The game is a legend and they made it in better graphics and such, basically updated it so the new generation still feels attracted by it, as kids now a days don't want to play something old when they have so many games to pick from.

4. ciorex

ciorex Member

It’s a very solid game in the series, I just wish the battle mode wasn’t so boring. Battle mode on regular tracks is the worst idea they’ve had so far, just keep the regular battle stages…

Hopefully they add them again later. Heck, I’d even pay for them as DLC if I needed to.

5. apalaze

apalaze New Member

Yeah definitely saw that one coming. Been playing this series since way back. Mario Kart has always been a staple of my Friday night gaming with friends.

6. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

That's a good point actually. I also wish they would bring it back as the regular tracks are getting boring as the time goes and you play more.

7. Obskyra

Obskyra New Member

No real surprise here. I love playing this with my wife and think its a very well developed game.