Is it worth getting for the iPad?

Discussion in 'GTA Chinatown Wars' started by bsthebenster, Jun 22, 2014.

1. bsthebenster

bsthebenster New Member

Is it worth it? I'd hate to pay for it otherwise.

I've tried vice city and although the controls were a little finicky, it was playable. Is this the case for Chinatown wars as well?

2. daimashin

daimashin New Member

It depends on whether you are comfortable playing games on a touch screen especially games that are made for other platforms. I haven't tried them yet but my first thought would be that the controls are going to be very clunky. It's GTA so I'm sure it's worth the money even if the controls don't work too good.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

This one is a bit more portable friendly then the other titles simply because it was originally on DS and was ported over to the tablets/psp/ and what have you. I'd suggest it myself. It's pretty sweet.

4. iroyv

iroyv New Member

If you're comfortable with touch screen controls, I think Chintown Wars fits very well with them. Back when the game came out on the App store, I replayed through it even though I finished the game on the DS. I had a bunch of fun replaying the game and I can recommend it to any GTA fan that hasn't played the game before.

5. Wrestlinfan

Wrestlinfan New Member

The game shouldn't suffer much from touch screen controls. I'd say go for it.

6. KNH

KNH Member

I agree with everyone else. If you are comfortable playing on touch screens, you should try it.

7. prey

prey New Member

Yes, it is. In fact, it's better than getting San Andreas for an Android device, it just feels neatly-made and more polished, in my opinion.

8. Chingling

Chingling New Member

It is nice on the iPad, I have it on mine. The controls do not bother me at all, but I am very used to touch screens. You should get it, as it is a great game to have every where you go. Easy to play, nothing to complain about here.

9. Nergaahl

Nergaahl New Member

I had it on my iPad before. Now it depends on how much free time you got, as I became addicted to it. But then I managed to wake myself up back to reality and laziness and put myself to some productive work. But it's a very nice iPad game.

10. Henry

Henry New Member

I don't know, but I've never considered cell phone, tablet or portable console games real video games. I've always seen them as some hosed down version of real games- kind of like those cheap online games you find everywhere on the net for free.

11. joebel

joebel New Member

Yeah the controls aren't really hindered by a device such as this. The game is awesome so it's worth it imo!

12. js85

js85 New Member

I've been curious about this as well - thanks for asking. I think I'll pass.

13. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I don't own one, but I've seen them around. I guess the iPad isn't too bad if you like to travel around with a portable computer. Personally, I don't really like Apple's products. I'm more into Samsung's Tablets.

14. ZXD22

ZXD22 New Member

I'd say go for it. Worst case scenario, you'd have to stick with the on screen controls and deal with less screen viewing of the game. Best case scenario, if you have a blue tooth enabled game pad, you could use that and use the ipad as a screen for the game. Most GTA games are very good so I would say it would be a legitimately great buy in my opinion.

15. moneyman

moneyman New Member

I wouldn't buy GTA chinatown. I have planned buying a grand tehft auto san andreas for my tablet device. It is quite cheap in my opinion but it surely is a big file.

16. 93simon

93simon New Member

If you have not played it already it might be a good one to get for a cheap price. You may want to wait for christmas promotions too for extra low price, last year GTA SA was in offer if i remember correctly.
    As for the controls I would not be worried, they know what they do at Rockstar and the game will be playable smoothly just as 3, VC and SA. I would love to have all of them in a collection on my phone just to show them off to my friends, it would be neat.

17. BRyze

BRyze Member

I'm a little late to the party but go for it. It's a fun game. It's also mobile friendly because it was designed for handhelds. If you want a GTA game for your iPad this is the one you want to get.

18. moneyman

moneyman New Member

In my opinion GTA Chinatown wars isn't a bad game at all. Anyhow, I rather play San andreas with my mobile device. It takes a lot of space but works really well in my opinion and the graphics are really good.

19. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I've played it all trough my iPod Touch and it was awesome, the touch controls were really well done and adapted to the mobile version. The gameplay is nicely done too. Pick it up!

20. soconfused

soconfused New Member

Its all about your comfort level. Try it and see if you like it. I don't think anyone here can really tell you whether its worth it, because at the end its you who has to play. Personally I had issues with my iPhone, but I think it would be better on iPad.