How was play GTA San Andreas on the PS2?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by Megat Sharul Naim, May 26, 2016.

1. Megat Sharul Naim

Megat Sharul Naim New Member

We are the same roof :)

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

GTA:SA played really well on the PS2, there were no graphic limitations and back then the 60fps rave wasn't that strong. I didn't notice any issues.

3. buster

buster New Member

Having beaten San Andreas twice on PC and once on PS2, I'd say there isn't much difference. I preferred it on PC though, but if you prefer auto-aim, PS2 is for you. Same with any other console version of the game. If you want mods though, PC is what you want. It's the same basic PC vs Console argument.

4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

No issues at all, other than the sniper scope, which is really painful to use when using your analog stick. You can't really accurately aim with an analog stick, if you do get it, it would take a long time to set it up, unlike the mouse which can easily point to your target location in an instant. That's the only think I hated about the game, you can't enjoy sniping when you have to take a really long time to aim.

5. belovedad

belovedad Member

Back then, it was heaven given the era of gaming. It stood out from all of the games being made during that time as I got it when it was released. Never really had issues playing, maybe I would now since everything has changed but it was good.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well it certainly brings back a bit of nostalgia, as I am remembering much of what @Belovedad is recalling. It was truly original back then and it was cool to have and everyone was talking about it. I still like playing the earlier versions because they do have that kind of appeal to them, knowing that they really paved the way for what we have today.

7. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I think it played really well as you had a controller for the Playstation 2 and enjoyed the graphics for its time, and it was nice to see a game which had a good story and was nice to play the game in my spare time. I did get annoyed by the flying missions and also chasing someone on a motorcycle which could get tricky, and also the Wrong side of the Tracks mission was hard as Big Smoke would not shoot gangsters properly. I think if I played the game now I would find it difficult as the game can take time to get used to after not playing it for awhile.

8. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I have played this game on all the platforms available and I must say I have not experience any issue on any of the platforms.

9. raceman998

raceman998 Member

With the Playstation 2, we can enjoy amazing graphics. I was having a fun time playing the game on PS2.

10. SS42A

SS42A New Member

I had no problems playing this game on my PS2, though I now don't play as frequently as I used to. For one, excessive playing puts too much stress on the analog stick, and eventually it starts to become defective such that it will no longer return to its ready position. This becomes a problem especially when you are targeting an opponent with the sniper rifle. I have had to replace the left analog stick on my PS2 controllers as it is most frequently used. It was the Pier 69 mission which I had problems with as the defective left analog stick made targeting an opponent really difficult, and you end up failing the mission.

11. EleGiggle

EleGiggle New Member

I think the experience on the PS2 was just fine. However, I do feel like that I enjoyed the game on the computer a bit more, as I generally tend to lean towards the computer.
    Obviously, the graphic was a bit worse on the PS2 than on a computer, but that did not really influence my gameplay experience. What I did like more about the console was the fact that I found driving better with a controller than with mouse and keyboard.
    All in all, I think it is up to what you prefer, as I do not think the differences are that big.

12. spectre456

spectre456 Member

All the things you could do in San Andreas were pretty mindblowing at the time it was released. It was by far one of the best sandbox games of the time and the ps2 definitely did it justice.

13. sidney

sidney Member

I didn't really like how CJ walked on the PC, it seems different as compared to Vice City, his walk is not as smooth, so I am curious to know how it will play out on the PS2.

14. Vall

Vall New Member

Playing GTA SA on the PS2 was amazing at the time, I can't remember another game that had so much content in it, and the graphics were great too. I can't think of another sandbox game on PS2 that had great characters, story and activities to do. Some of my friends didn't like controllers, so they stuck to playing on PC, but once you get used to controllers I think it's better than using keyboard + mouse.

15. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

I have been waiting for so long when i played GTA SA first time on the PS2. It was a great experience. It is player friendly over PS2. Graphic are amazing. I love to play it it everyday. There are alot of things to do in GTA SA on PS2. It feels really amazing to play it with a joystick or controller.

16. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I had no major problems playing GTA San Andreas on my PS 2. I would say it was pretty much everything perfect... I didn't notice any serious problems.

It was a good experience. :)

17. demitri

demitri Member

I had game freezing and speed problem while playing GTA San Andreas on my PC. I love to play it but I feel so bad when i face game speed problem while playing. There is no other problem.

18. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

It was good, but at the same time I found it a bit harder to use the cheats since you don't really have a keyboard. The controls takes a while of getting used to, but I guess the biggest asset of the PS2 version is the ability to play co-op (local). It's fun having a buddy dressed up as a hooker.

19. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

I love to play GTA San Andreas on PS2. It was a really amazing experience. I mostly play games on PC but I think GTA San Andreas runs perfectly on PS2. PS 2 controllers are perfect to play GTA San Andreas.

20. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

I didn't have a problem playing it on the PS2. It was great for me, I much rather play games like that on console than on the PC.