Had Higher Expectations

Discussion in 'GTA Chinatown Wars' started by sillylucy, Oct 7, 2013.

1. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I downloaded Chinatown Wars for my PSP and had higher hopes for the game. I love the whole GTA series, but this game just disappointed. The graphics are cute and I like how it reminds me of graffiti art, but other than that the gameplay was a little too easy for me.

2. Nub_Cannon

Nub_Cannon New Member

I treat games like movies, I go in expecting it's going to suck. 99% of the time I end up being pleasantly surprised.

3. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

I played the game on the DS I thought the story was decent, but it was defiantly not one of the best GTA games of all times, but I had a fun time playing the game for the most part.

4. Rocky55119

Rocky55119 New Member

It was an okay game. It was my first ever GTA game and the graphics really reminded me of graffiti too. The game didn't have the best story-line but it was a really cool game for a beginner.

5. mareebaybay

mareebaybay New Member

I had higher expectations for this game too. It is honestly the weakest Grand Theft Auto for newer gen systems. I didn't like the feel of the game at all.

6. sidd230

sidd230 Member

Honestly, I was quite impressed by it. Even then, I will agree it was a bit easier.

7. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

I would have liked a PC version of the game I am not big on handhelds, but everyone's standards will very.

8. TheViper

TheViper Member

I actually hate handhelds and consider them annoying. I sometimes play games on my iPhone and end up deleting the game because it frustrates me. I would like a port to PC as handhelds aren't my thing.

9. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou New Member

I think it was pretty decent for a DS game. I guess I wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking, but I have to say I enjoyed it overall. Too bad my DS was stolen or I'd go back and play it.

10. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Sorry about it, it's your opinion sure, but for me the game was really well done for a portable device and I enjoyed it all the way trough.

11. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I thought it was great. You have to understand. It was made with the DS in mind and not the PSP. It's an awesome game imo but to each his own.

12. 4justice

4justice Member

This comment is probably the exactly reason the OP might have issue with the game. It's not a bad game at all. But it was meant to cater to Nintendo's audience at the time. And initially, Rockstar had no plans of making a PSP version. And when they eventually did, they couldn't simply "remake" the game.

13. daimashin

daimashin New Member

My expectations were kind of low seeing that it's a handheld game. Handhelds have limitations, we can't expect them to be as good as console games. Overall, it was pretty decent.

14. 4justice

4justice Member

I think that's the problem most of us have. When we're used to a series being on a home system for a long time we become a tad jaded. Then when a portable version or even a side story on a portable comes around we have unrealistic assumptions that it will be as good as the home system counterpart.

Not saying anyone in particular. Just us as a whole gamer community.

15. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Exactly and that's the problem I have with people who are disappointed with it. It was mean't for MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH simpler hardware and expecting a huge difference between the two is laughable.

16. 4justice

4justice Member

@jbeavis100- I think it's because many people have either forgotten or don't even realize the game was ever on the DS.

It's a fact that when you think Gran Theft Auto, most people sure enough don't have Nintendo be the very next thought that comes to mind.

17. SeanM

SeanM New Member

I agree, its a nice enough game, but the level awesomeness rock star usually delivers was severely lacking in this installment, that is my opninion.

18. Henry

Henry New Member

Same thing happened to me with Hitman, Blood Money. The controls were so bad that I just got frustrated and deleated the game from my PC.

19. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Chinatown Wars was alright in my opinion. You can't go unto it expecting the quality of a console GTA on a handheld, but if you treat it like a different game with the GTA name it's decent. It's not a memorable game by any means, but it can entertain you while you're waiting at the doctor'a office.

20. Chingling

Chingling New Member

It is not like any other GTA games, that is for sure. Chinatown is of its own breed of GTA games. I enjoyed the differences that were present in the game, but that is just me. I do not think it sucked as I like the different perspective the game offered.