GTA 4 PC/Laptop

Discussion in 'GTA Liberty City Stories' started by kellywilliam, Aug 6, 2013.

1. kellywilliam

kellywilliam New Member

One of the Large draws for PC/laptop gaming is multiplayer, so if they can create a unique PC-oriented multiplayer experience, it could pull more than people in. If it's something substantially different, and it's great, it could even convince some of the people who bought the console version to buy the PC version just for the multiplayer.

2. SantaMonica

SantaMonica New Member

Only trouble with running it on anything other than a top-draw spec laptop is the video card cant hack it. Can play in low resolution but it ruins the game so I'd stick to a PC if I were you.

3. OscarDaGrouch

OscarDaGrouch New Member

Yeah, games tend to have better graphics on PC, even if you have two copies of the same game, one for PC and one for console, and you put the PC graphics on high and the console graphics on high, the PC will still be better :p

4. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I play on my Xbox 360 and my boyfriend plays it on his Macbook Pro. It is so much smoother on the console. The PC is still fun to play, but it takes me a while to get used to the controls.

5. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

I never played GTA IV multiplayer, but I would assume that the experience would be better if you have a high end PC, I don't know if you can use mods on multiplayer, but if you can that's a reason in itself to get it for PC.

6. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I found that Steam is offering the GTA IV set on sale, but I don't remember the exact price. It was around $10, or maybe less, which is quite a good deal for such a great game. I think it's definitely worth buying. The PC version of GTA doesn't look too bad, but I personally prefer to play it on a console, such as the PS3. I just feel like games on PC now require a really good graphics card, which can be quite expensive in some cases.

7. Henry

Henry New Member

I played it on my pc and it ran pretty good. My graphics card is not that good, so i couldn't play it on max graphics. But for the most part, it played ok. The thing i really had to get a hang on was the driving. Always got caught in car chases.

8. sidney

sidney Member

I have only played GTA using the pc, and I can say that the controls were ok, although I noticed that the direction controls in Vice City were much smoother as compared to the direction controls in San Andreas. The walking directions in San Andreas were a bit "off".

9. Askani

Askani Member

I can't play any game like that on my poor low end laptop. Wish i could. I think i would prefer to play on Playstation though. I'm used to the controls and I like my wireless controllers so I can move around when I want.

10. Glen

Glen New Member

I prefer playing it on the Xbox, but the mods available on PC's make the game so much more interesting!

11. Nevi

Nevi New Member

I could play GTA vice city and liberty city on my laptop, but I still prefer on my PC, laptops aren't built for continuous hours of gaming, your laptop will die pretty soon if you do.

12. troutski

troutski Active Member

Well, since we're reviving long dead threads, I'd say I enjoy playing it more on consoles than on PC, which is something that I rarely say about multi-platform games.