Don't buy pocket Rally

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Ghost Rider, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Hey there guys, I've purchased and installed Pocket Rally on my phone thinking that it would be a great racing game. The lite version stated that it would have more than 30 levels, New cars and tracks. I feel ripped off when I purchased the game. I discovered that it only has 4 cars and 4 tracks (which can be raced in reverse). Save your 40 dollars 1 dollar (sorry for the typo).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  2. davis

davis Active Member

Wow, that much? On Android? It's $1 in my Play store. To be honest I didn't think much of the free version. Played it for a while and then removed it. The cars skid too much.

3. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Oops, sorry for the typo. It's 1 dollar too but it was converted to my currency so I saw 40.

You're right about the cars skidding too much. It seems as though races happen in super slippery grounds. It's definitely frustrating.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This is common practice for racing games because they probably want to get as much use out of their tracks as possible, at least with games like Asphalt you get different modes for reversed tracks so it doesn't feel too repetitive. Thanks for the heads up!

5. KNH

KNH Member

Thanks for the info, I won't be downloading it.

6. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

For a $1 game, you can't really have high expectations.

7. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

It costs 10$ dollars? I would never pay that much for any game.
    I usually pay up to 2-3$ dollars per game.

8. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

That's such a rip off you have paid for.
    Is there anyway you could give back the game back to the store and get your money back? ;)

9. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Really? It seemed like such a neat game too, you really should have researched..

10. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Thanks for the warning man. Leave a review on the store page too.

11. wulfman

wulfman Member

Game is so cheap what do you expect. But thanks for the heads up .

12. Amatenshi

Amatenshi New Member

I actually played the paid version and refunded because I was short on cash. My MOGA Pocket controller actually worked quite nicely with it, and the controls felt a bit like Sega Rally, one of my favorite racing series. For $1, it's actually not that bad of a game, but I can't imagine not playing it with physical controls, simply because of the skidding.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I didn't realize you could get refunds for apps, but I'm glad you were able to. I'd love to play on a physical controller for these games myself, I'll probably get one soon.

14. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

Really? That' shocking! Well, thanks for the information - I downloaded the lite version a couple of days ago and have been absolutely loving it. I was actually tempted to upgrade to the full version. If I had done so, then that would have been the first game I have ever bought on Android. Finding this out for myself would have put me off from ever buying from Google Play again.

15. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I think it's a pretty big rip off for a $1 game. Only 4 cars and 4 tracks? If you look at some Need for Speed apps, they're less than a dollar and they're way better.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah if it's $10 for a generic racer I don't see how it would sell but somehow this name sounds familiar enough to me to think that it's fairly popular so I wonder why that is.

17. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

Yeah I could agree I think that if you are buying a game for $1 dollar then I really do not think that you should be thinking that you would get a ton in this game. I could understand if the game had cost more than $7 then I would say that you should really feel ripped off because you should be getting a lot more for the amount of money that you have spent on it.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Very true. I think most of the dollar games I've seen so far are the simplest ones where you only have to do a limited amount of moves to win rounds. Any more complex than that and the price usually goes up significantly.

19. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Thanks for telling me. I won't buy this game.

20. sam123

sam123 New Member