Doesn't quite work on phones

Discussion in 'GTA Chinatown Wars' started by Brem, Aug 6, 2013.

1. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

You would have to ask yourself what makes you play it on the PS4 and what differs from the PS4 and the PC, then I would be able to answer you why it's that much better.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Well the main reason I'm playing it on the PS4 and not the PC is because it was out first on the PS4, so I bought it and I begrudge paying for the same game again, but just on a different platform. That's the only reason I was asking.

If it's so much better than I would consider it, but still not at full price though.

3. madman003

madman003 New Member

I can't say I wasn't disappointed when I bought this for my android mobile phone. I owned this on PSP and thought it would be a nostalgic throwback but instead I got a game plagued with control problems. When I try moving around the map my thumb covers important parts of the screen as well as the sensitivity isn't very good when your driving through the city. Although the game auto connects you to the roads I still found myself struggling throughout the game. My favorite part of the game was the drug dealing, it reminded me of a very old game where you bought low and sold high, I think it was called drug wars, its very similar to it anyway. If I had a choice to buy it again I probably would, $6 is a pretty good steal for such a unique game.

4. rightct

rightct New Member

How so? Well, must I say that I didn't quite play Chinatown wars but San Andreas, and the latter seemed better optimized, and I couldn't tell about the former... but Rockstar takes things seriously and I personally wouldn't believe the problem is on their end.

5. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Nah, it definitely works. In fact, a major factor in whether it works for you or not is the screen size. If you play on an iPhone 3GS, then you'll have a fairly bad time (believe me, I have experience with this). If you use a newer and larger phone, or if you play it on a tablet, then it'll definitely work. I, for one, think that the DS version was superior, because you had the best of both worlds (both buttons and touch screen), but the phone version is a pretty good alternative if you really need to get your GTA fix on the go.

6. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 New Member

I play this on a Galaxy S4 with 5'' screen size, and it just barely works with it. I think it would be better on a tablet, as on the touch screen, my thumbs that I use to control the game make it hard to actually see my surroundings.

7. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler Member

I see.

8. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler Member

I agree.