Does SA have the most unrealistic missions ever?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by tomorrowdreamking, Jun 8, 2015.

1. tomorrowdreamking

tomorrowdreamking New Member

I think it does have the highest number of unbeliavebly unrealistic missions out of all GTA series.
    I know it`s a GTA and it shouldn`t have too much of realism at all but breaking into the area 51 (69 ingame) ? I mean come on in real life you can`t get even near that place without being legaly shot at.
    I would expect at least 10% of real life realism, but many of SA`s missions has 0% of that.

Stealing an alien blood which has been taken on train at 20 mph in a f*cking jar? Give me a break.
    Not to mention the freefall mission which contradics any gravity law. I mean R* should at least try to make it a little bit more realistic.
    Or those weekend soldiers in that mission you do for ryder, i`ve never seen soldiers equiped with 9 mm pistol only.

I brought this up because i started to play SA again yesterday and i just can`t f*cking believe the insanity of some missions after i`ve played HD era for so long. Before that i didn`t even bother with that, because it`s fun, the game is funny and still interesting untill these days but some of the things are just insane.
    It doesn`t have to be anything like real life is, that wouldn even be playable, just imagine you crash your car at 25 mph and you brake your f*cking neck, you became an invalid or you die, end of the game. That`s how car crashes look like in real life. In game you crash at 150 mph and you are still ok, if not you respawn at the nearest hospital. So GTA shouldn`t be totaly realistic but it should`t be insanely unrealistic either.

What do you think?

2. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine New Member

GTA was NEVER stuppose to be realistic. Even GTA 5 is far away from beeing reaslitic ( 1 guy fights 50 enemies all alone...)

It is suppose to be fun, and i think it wouldn't , if its realistic.

Do you know Mafia- city of lost heaven? This game was pretty realistic : cops arrest you if they see you carrying a gun, cops are after you if you drive too fast or don't stop at a red light or make a crash with another car or building, you can only carry 1 large firearm and 3 smaller weapons... you know what happened? they removed all those features in Mafia 2, because it totally SUCKED.

3. tarverten

tarverten New Member

Obviously. Also, the difference between an enjoyably replayable game, and ones that your happy to finally finish and trade away (V, Iv, etal).

Reality gets a movie, story, and game only so far.
    Worry about real life and be happy with escapism in games

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear New Member

I think it does have the highest number of unbeliavebly unrealistic missions out of all GTA series.
    I know it`s a GTA and it shouldn`t have too much of realism at all but breaking into the area 51 (69 ingame) ? I mean come on in real life you can`t get even near that place without being legaly shot at.
    I would expect at least 10% of real life realism, but many of SA`s missions has 0% of that.

Stealing an alien blood which has been taken on train at 20 mph in a f*cking jar? Give me a break.
    Not to mention the freefall mission which contradics any gravity law. I mean R* should at least try to make it a little bit more realistic.
    Or those weekend soldiers in that mission you do for ryder, i`ve never seen soldiers equiped with 9 mm pistol only.

I brought this up because i started to play SA again yesterday and i just can`t f*cking believe the insanity of some missions after i`ve played HD era for so long. Before that i didn`t even bother with that, because it`s fun, the game is funny and still interesting untill these days but some of the things are just insane.
    It doesn`t have to be anything like real life is, that wouldn even be playable, just imagine you crash your car at 25 mph and you brake your f*cking neck, you became an invalid or you die, end of the game. That`s how car crashes look like in real life. In game you crash at 150 mph and you are still ok, if not you respawn at the nearest hospital. So GTA shouldn`t be totaly realistic but it should`t be insanely unrealistic either.

What do you think?

5. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

By far. I mean, people called V unrealistic because of the FIB and feds and whatever, but I fail to see how that's more unrealistic than chasing after a train carrying alien goo with a jetpack, commanded by a hippie on acid.

Unrealistic scenarios aren't necessarily a bad thing though, to an extent.

6. canineartist

canineartist New Member

And Woozie racing cars while blind and winning just because he's lucky, lol.
    Also all the girlfriend missions. You just take them to the same place over and over and you get progress. In real life they would just get bored and mad at you.

7. rightct

rightct New Member

These kind of open-world games don't have that realistic tendency, nor developers intend of making them seem this way. Trust me, if they did a realistic game, nobody would ever buy it, therefore no profit for the company who made it. If people were interested in buying such game, they would surely develop it, but in the meantime, they won't. ;)

8. sidney

sidney Member

I'm not that observant when it comes to the "realism" of the game, but I think the unrealistic part is what makes it fun, right? The alien part is a bit too fictional I agree, but it still contributes to the entertainment factor of the game.

9. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I believe some missions were unrealistic at times like the train one where in a real scenario, the guys would be injured more easily and also both Cj and Big Smoke would be injured from the fall. The mission where you are with Ryder and robbing a guy and have to be quiet and the guy must of been a real sound sleeper, as he only wakes up if you make noise during the mission and not when you are stealing. I thought the Woozie guy was weird as he was blind, but driving and I reckon it was really the other guy driving, and letting Woozie take the credit for the driving and also the card game.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Rockstar have made the game as realistic as possible but they also have to make it fun to play aswell. While some of the missions might be a bit far fetched, I think they add to the game rather than make it to unrealistic.

11. Gombafej

Gombafej New Member

I think it is challenging enough, but not too much. It's average according to my experience of 3 play throughs.

12. FenWoFon

FenWoFon New Member

When it comes to realism I do not think that GTA SA was the most realistic game of the series, however I really liked all its features, I did notreally care if it was realistic or not, I just loved to play it 24/7 non stop.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think people want the games to be as realistic as possible, but at the same time there's got to be a bit of escapism in there.

We all like the realism of what we can do in between the missions, so maybe rockstar should leave the missions a bit more extravagant shall we say?

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

To be fair, those were some REALLY FUN missions, though I agree with you, especially when you ride a jetpack to get the alien goo and you never hear about it again (apart from a few seconds on that conspiracy radio show). You're basically a one man army killing everyone your friends hate. There's really no middle ground or at least talking to people. Sister got catcalled? Kill them all and bury the foreman in concrete cement while he's in the outhouse! A reporter is snooping around? Kill him with a sniper rifle you found at a construction site! There's really no negotiating. Just kill kill kill, and that's kind of the appeal of this entire franchise, am I right?

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While like I said, we all night like the realism in the games, but we also want the escapism and like you say, the fun element of the game aswell.

GTA as always offered a mix of both in equal measures, and long may that continue in ny opinion.

16. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Yeah, some of the missions were very silly, but that's the appeal of the GTA games in general in my opinion. The whole point of the game is to do crazy stuff you normally wouldn't be able to do in real life. So the insane missions are welcome to keep coming on every GTA.

17. C.J

C.J New Member

If the game as too realistic, I'd be outside playing 'real life' :p

You can't knock a game that provides you with so many diverse objectives.
    Does become a bit of a pain when you're stuck on the same mission.

In some way though I regretted getting to the stage where you could easily get a plane as the whole place suddenly felt too accessible and you missed a lot of the interesting things from the air

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I felt the same aswell to be honest and in the beginning I got a bit annoyed because the map was so big it took ages to get anywhere, but when I got access to aircraft I was annoyed because it all of a sudden felt small!

Or maybe it's just me that's never 100% happy, haha!

19. JusApee

JusApee New Member

That's the point: Unrealism. People go into the virtual world to escape from the real world. Don't you find it legit enough? I found breaking into Area 69 pretty unrealistic as well, but it didn't mean that I didn't find it as awesome. Breaking into Area 69 is not realistic, but it gives you the idea of being free to do whatever you want and that's what GTA games are all about: be free to do whatever you want.

20. moneyman

moneyman New Member

I agree with original poster. There were some missions such as ricing a sanchez whilst Big Smoke tried to shoot the gangsters on the train which as quite hard in my opinion. For such an early stage of a game that mission took some time. In addition the mission where you shoot the RC planes with a minigun was quite tricky.