Does It Annoy You That You Also Have To Feed CJ In The Game?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by sidney, Apr 10, 2015.

1. sidney

sidney Member

I was pretty much still in the beginning of the game when I stopped playing it because the pc was reformatted, so I never tried to overfeed CJ yet because I don't have much money to burn at that time. For sure I will try to overfeed him and make him very exhausted while working out to see what will happen to him. And I won't save the game after I do that for sure.

1 person likes this.
  2. TheViper

TheViper Member

No, I like how each GTA is different in some aspects. It would be boring if it was like Call Of Duty where it basically is the same. Each game has its own uniqueness that most will appreciate.

3. rightct

rightct New Member

No, not really. It gives a more realistical approach to the game, as opposed to Vice City, for example. In GTA IV you don't have to do this as far as I'm concerned, but I wouldn't know. In that game, I only used cheats to complete the storyline, haha.

4. Damien Lee

Damien Lee New Member

I enjoyed that part of San Andreas, it actually worked very well in the long run. I remember reading reviews of how Rockstar were adding all these features in the game, only making us salivate (excuse the pun) more for San Andreas for it's release. It also helped create more of a 'life simulation' type of play mechanic which was quite novel. It was also cool that CJ would gain weight if he ate too much and not exercise.

5. Kaylahambrick

Kaylahambrick New Member

I agree, feeding CJ at first is very new and exciting to have those personal features in the game. But after a while playing it seems like a nuisance. I found a quick answer for the problem though..... Cheats haha.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I always thought it was kind of fun. I used to entertain myself by making CJ get fat. I miss the funny fast food employees from San Andreas.

7. allison

allison New Member

Like others, I liked it. I think elements like that, that add a bit of realism to the game, are fun. The game setting was already more realistic (IMO) than other games, even other games in the GTA series (I don't think the mafia so openly recruits members, but what would I know). So it was nice having a little extra realism in the game, plus like someone else said, the working out and dating parts were fun. In fact sometimes I would spend a whole game day or 2 just walking around, going to get food, working out, buying clothes, getting a haircut, etc.

8. sidney

sidney Member

I haven't tried looking for the cheat codes on that one, I would definitely do that to save time and concentrate doing the missions instead.

9. fatguy39

fatguy39 New Member

Not really; I like it very much. At the very least, the establishments or the stalls aren't just for show. Aside from simulating energy, it also simulates body care and the like. Try it if you're too fat; you'll nail one of the girlfriends available in the game, but heck you'll have a hard time running, hahaha! All the parameters in San Andreas for CJ with hunger included makes it feel quite like an RPG; it gives me even more to do. You'll find Cluckin' Bell hilarious too, hehehe.

10. Sheggy6

Sheggy6 New Member

I think it was great. Helped to keep the player immersed and thinking about your character as a character as opposed to some quiet husk who just spits out the occasional line here and there. As a whole, I liked the idea, even with fitness, to help you run and such. It was a small, RPG like time waster to help make the game slightly easier for you.

11. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

I kind of like it, it makes it feel like real life. I love how you can determine how fat or skinny you want him to be.

12. sidney

sidney Member

I didn't go that far in the game to notice that Cluckin' Bell is hilarious. In what aspect was it funny?

13. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 New Member

I didn't even notice I had to feed CJ. If you save game, his hunger level goes to 0, thus he can keep up for another 1-2 hours without food.

14. C.J

C.J New Member

Feeding him was never like an event that you had to keep on remembering to do.
    If I remember right, I'm sure he could go a couple days without food.

In the end, 'sandbox' games seemed odd if you didn't have to feed your character :p (won't even mention about getting buff or changing your clothes!)

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

For me it all added to the game because before then, I can't remember a game where you had to actually feed or take care of your character like you did in GTA San Andreas.

People wanted realism, so Rockstar gave it to us, and while I think a few people found it annoying, I quite enjoyed that aspect of the game.

16. FenWoFon

FenWoFon New Member

I personally think that when you're playing a game you gotta be the character and feel what he feels, if you get hungry you just go to the kitchen and eat something, then you gotta do the same with the game's character, if CJ ever feels hungry all you gotta do is feed him, I do not see anything annoying on that, it is just part of the game.

17. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

It can be annoying at times, but I sort of liked it because it felt realistic. At least you didn't actually have cook the food like you do in the Sims. It was just a natural progression of the game. It was a matter of time before they implemented something like that considering how realistic the GTA world is.

18. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Not really. It adds realism to a very ridiculously comical game. It makes CJ human, even though he just keeps killing everything and everyone in his path. Clothes customization, the ability to recruit gang members; these are all complementary gameplay, and it makes the game more fun, am I right?

19. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I kinda of agree with you, in the start it's really cool because you feel like the game is trying to copy real life. But after a while it gets boring because you've already done it a lot of times.

20. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

It is pretty cool at first, but it can get annoying times. I found it to just be one of those things you had to do. After a while, it just becomes part of the game.