Do you prefer pro racing or street racing?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by tgthewriter1, Apr 13, 2016.

1. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

I prefer pro racing games because I tend to get tired of street racing games. I think it’s fun to drive around the city in a dream car, but it gets boring after awhile. I think it’s only fun when you have someone to ride with. I was playing LA: Nore and I notice that it’s fun having someone to ride with when you go for a joy ride. It’s fun to have someone to ride with in real life too. I hate being an adult. I always have responsibilities because I have to pay bills. Anyway, what do you prefer?

2. spence88

spence88 Member

Have you tried NFS: ProStreet? :D

Well, for me, I don't really know. To be honest, I don't really know if the game is a pro racing game or a street racing game. What are the deciding factors? Gran Turismo is pro racing right? And Need For Speed: Most Wanted is street racing? If that's so, then yeah, I guess I don't really mind, it all boils down to how great the game is overall. :)

3. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I prefer street racing games if they actually let you get off the course and explore the rest of the area. I don't like some street racing games that only make you stay on the fixed track.

4. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

Street racing is more fun, you'll get lots of fun surprises most of the times.

5. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

I love the street racing game. Well, street racing games look more realistic to me. In the street racing games, we can drive our cars anywhere we want instead of a track and that excites me. Therefore, I will choose street racing game.

6. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I like street racing games more, but I enjoy the pro racing games as well. Right now I'm playing Driveclub and Grid Autosport, which cover both racing types between the two of them.

7. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

I love to play on street racing games that allow free roaming. You get to pretty much travel the whole world and explore different parts of the map which can be a great time waster if your bored.

8. hafiz93

hafiz93 Member

Definitely street racing for me. Street racing has less restrictions compared to pro racing, so I can race more comfortably. Not saying I don't like pro racing at all because I do enjoy them from time to time, especially dirt racing.

9. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

I personally prefer playing street racing games because they msotly have better gameplay and storylike, those facts make the game way more interesting, however pro racing games are cool aswell but not as street racing ones.

10. Okaviator

Okaviator New Member

I prefer street racing games. That way I am able to go off and explore. Rather than being kept on a race track.

11. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Street racing is the best. For me it is. Some like it better when it's open world but even if it isn't I don't mind that since most of the games I play don't let you get off the one track you are on. Makes them somewhat interesting too because looking around a city can get boring pretty fast.

12. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

Street racing, It's way more intense, plus you get cooler cars and customization. If you street race a lot of the times you can add neon layouts underneath your car, and it's thrilling at night when you have 20-30 people gunning down the street drifting through alleyways with neon lights on.

13. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I've always preferred pro racing games. GT sort of combines the two at times. There are street city courses in the game that drive through an urban environment. I've generally preferred the professional tracks though.

14. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I have to admit the off road shortcuts are always fun and cool. I can't remember the name of the game, but there was a racing game for the N64 that had a bunch of secret shortcuts. I remember one through a waterfall that was awesome.

15. krnd

krnd Member

I love pro racing games, mostly because I'm a huge F1 fan. I have to admit it doesn't have as much replay value in the end but if you're into the technicalities of the sport then you'll have a blast even playing on your own, unlike street racing games, those I can't really play without friends around and have a blast kicking someone's butt :p

16. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I agree with you. The street racing game is much more interesting than the pro ones. We can do many fantastic things in a street racing game. It's really fun to drive the car on the streets.

17. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

It's also the aesthetic appeal of it too. The customization options are way better and the feel of the game is superior. It's all personal preference but the street racing genre seems to appeal to a much broader fan-base.