Do you play Sonic?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Poynt, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Livvy

Livvy Member

God, I haven't even considered that Sonic could be considered a 'racing' game, but I guess what OP is talking about would most likely be the spin offs like Sonic R, Sonic..The Riders? I think that was the one where you raced on hoverboards, or maybe even Sega All star Racing maybe?

Not to mention that there are some games which have a multiplayer mode where you can just straight up racre against an opponent to the end of the stage.

2. rgrimes

rgrimes Member

I don't like the current ones. I did however used to like the old Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on the Sega Genesis.

3. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I did play Sonic in the past and I loved it, but since now that I'm much older this game bores me a lot.

4. Livvy

Livvy Member

Why do you think that you've lost the interest in Sonic which you had when you were younger?

5. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I've played a lot of Sonic a while back and I found it really fun, so fun that I had to watch the cartoon when I was still a kid. I really enjoyed playing as the blue hadgehog.

6. Livvy

Livvy Member

Which cartoon do you mean? There's been a few. I'm guessing Sonic AM though?

7. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I loved to play sonic when I was a kid, but I never really considered it to be a real racing game. It just doesn't feel like one to me for some reason.

8. Pofurg

Pofurg New Member

Sure, I play Sonic, but I don't actually race in Sonic. I just play the campaign and beat it and never look at it again. Actually, I can't remember the last time I've play a Sonic game in multiplayer. Is it fun? How does the competitiveness of racing in Sonic games compared to games centered around racing?

9. Artune

Artune Member

Sonic's been bad for agesss. I haven't played the driving game of it but I think the concept is stupid considering Sonic is faster than a car.... Defeats the purpose of his character. I loved the GBA games though.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Do you mean the retro Sonic racing games like Sonic R or Sonic Drift? I don't play those. If you mean the Sonic Riders series or Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, I do play those and have a lot of fun with them. As for multiplayer races, I play against my daughter a lot on Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

11. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I think that the last time that I had the opportunity to be able to play a sonic game has to be when sonic heros came out on the Xbox console. I will tell you that I somewhat enjoyed the game but I really think that the best games for the sonic franchise has to be the sonic games that were released on the Sega dreamcast. Now those were some fun games to play in the day.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I'm a Sonic fan, but my daughter is an even bigger Sonic fan than I. She knows almost everything about the series. She's 16, and has been a Sonic fan since she was 4. There's just some things you don't grow out of.

13. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I don't play Sonic anymore. Back then, I really only had one Sonic game I think. It was on the Gameboy system. But I haven't played it in a really long time.

14. ray king

ray king Member

If by Sonic, you mean the Sonic & sega all stars racing, then yeah. I have played the normal sonic games, and while not a big fan, I do like the Sonic racing game. It is a great game for a Mario Kart fan. But I have to say there is something about the Sonic racing world that I really like, all the transformations, the tracks are scenic and it is a different experience to enjoy.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I prefer Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing over Mario Kart. I like the levels better, the way they pay homage to the various SEGA series, the characters and the way they drive, but that just my daughter's and my preference. Mario Kart is not a bad game, it's very fun, but I just prefer SEGA as a whole.

16. RamZor

RamZor Member

I really love Sonic. It was a pleasure playing this game and I got great memories of playing this game.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Which Sonic game do you mean? The first one? There are oh, so many Sonic games, so you should specify, but yes. My daughter and I are Sonic fans. We like almost all of the games.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I felt the same and for me it was more just due to evolving taste. As I got older I preferred more intricate games but I still realize that Sonic games carried with it a lot of charm.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

They're my daughter's favorite games and I like them as well. They're still fun. I played them more in my 20's, but they're still cool nowadays. Sonic is pretty much my daughter's childhood, so she grew up with the little blue hedgehog.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

To each their own. The classic games are good, but the time period that I got into Sonic was when he first became "3D". In other words, Sonic Adventure was the game that got me into Sonic. It was also my daughter's first game.