Do you guys ever feel guilty?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by Fdot, Mar 20, 2014.

1. JusApee

JusApee New Member

I never felt guilty at all for playing GTA and killing everyone on the street. It's just a game and by playing it, you're trying to take out the stress. If you can killing everyone or destroying the police station, then do it.

2. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

It's just a game, you don't feel guilty too when you kill the enemy team on Counter Strike, how is GTA any different? People, especially parents, claim that it is a bad influence. Well, these games have age restrictions, and it's the parents who give their children this game and not reading the rules. When the child learns something that they are not supposed to, they blame the game, and not themselves, which is really irritating, as they would rather blame video games rather than their ineffective parenting.

3. Fermin420

Fermin420 New Member

I don't think so, no. Maybe I've felt a little bit worried in the past when noticing the nastiest the crime I'm committing is, the more pleasure I get, lol but it was only at first when there were this belief games could make you a criminal.

4. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

No, not really. When playing GTA I felt little guilt when hurting other NPC's. Especially if they attacked me first in the game.

5. overcast

overcast Member

I think doing crimes through games, i don't think it's serious. I think of it as a survival. And everything is fair in survival. And lot of people do it in real life too. So nothing new about it from what I have seen so far.

6. Athanas

Athanas Member

Not a single day. Since this is just a game, I have nothing to regret. If anyone applies that in the real world environment, then guilt can arise.

7. Athanas

Athanas Member

Imagine for me I don't feel guilty.

8. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Member

Exactly! Game is just a game. It has nothing to do with our real lives.

9. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

Yeah, but still I can see people taking it a bit too serious. A lot of people nowadays take violence in gaming way too seriously.

10. overcast

overcast Member

I think the emotions do reflect. And so I think GTA does tell you that practice are going wrong in that case. I would say that some of the time people don't know how to work around that.

11. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

It is a bit of leap to relate things in the game to anything outside, but of course it is the age of blaming everything else for things that happen so who knows, but I would say it is growing but only out of this kind of atmosphere, but even then it is so very minimal, for me at least.

12. killamch89

killamch89 Active Member

I feel justified with all my actions in GTA online. The only regret I may have is not doing some of these said actions sooner - I punched the old man for trash-talking me(His senior citizenship certainly won't help him and that one guy who just runs you over for no good reason. A sticky bomb will change his attitude real quick :rolleyes:. It is just a game and should be treated as such - no need to get emotionally attached to it.

13. fishbate

fishbate Member

Not really because its basically not real. I know that there are times that you feel anger, fear and love with games but a player should always know and separate reality and fantasy.

14. razer

razer Member

No. Why would I ? It's just a game, and not an emotional one. GTA would be boring without all the rampaging.

15. killamch89

killamch89 Active Member

GTA is a game where law and order are just a myth. Chaos is the order of the day and that is the only way to play. You kill, rob and steal to your heart's content and there isn't really a consequence for it.

16. overcast

overcast Member

Some of the time it feels guilty killing stuff and people.I mean who does that in real life. So it's not always good idea.

17. NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja Member

I'll keep it short and simple. NO

18. walter12

walter12 Active Member

Indeed it's not a good idea :)

19. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

As I go on I tend to agree with this more and more, but I get the questions and when I first started I was probably not the same. Just take a bit to adapt I guess.

20. killamch89

killamch89 Active Member

But it's a game. As long as you do not try to re-enact it in real life, you don't have to feel guilty about anything.