Do you ever get tired of racing games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by FuZyOn, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same for me. Once I get tired of a genre I often wonder if I will ever muster up enough interest to get back into it again and sometimes it does take years but thankfully there is enough variety in racing games that I can move from game to game within the genre so I don't end up tiring out of any particular one that easily.

2. spence88

spence88 Member

Do you mean racing games in general? No! Racing games are one of my most favorite gaming genres. Probably because of its multiplayer features. Racing games are one of the best games to play with your friends, both casually and competitively. So, reiterating, no I won't get tired.
    But if you mean by playing only racing games over and over again, then of course, I will get tired. Well, everybody will, eventually, of course.

3. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I've grown tired of a single racing game. I love the GT games and eventually, I've grown bored from playing each one, but once a new game comes out, I'll get into it really quickly. They are just fun games to play.

4. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

The key is to switch up modes and play games that have a lot of different cars and race tracks. GT is a great game for that. It is just unlimited the amount of cars and races you can play. Other games a bit more limited and you can get bored faster.

5. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

Yeah I do but I found out if you switch modes and games really often you will find yourself not bored at all actually the other way around playing more and more racing games because you will develop a taste of racing in general and you will be more interested and whatnot. I totally recommend playing elimination kind of modes in racing games and drag games but only with friends otherwise it is just kind of MEH.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I wouldn't say that I ever get bored of playing racing games as such, I do think that there comes a point in one particular game when you have to say right, I'm done with that.

There's no question that the rise of online gameplay as increased the longevity of a game, but even then you have to make sure your racing against like minded individuals, and not just idiots out to spoil your fun.

7. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Racing games will not die if it sticks to street. Professional racing is getting very boring. In fact, racing is getting boring because the economy sucks. Nobody wants to get their car tricked out anymore. Nobody can afford to upgrade. Some people can find a job. Racing games might die in the future but it does not matter.

8. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Yes, I do get tired of playing racing games. I was not tired of playing racing games when I was a child. But, I am an adult now and I now the cost of owning a car. The cost of owning a car and maintaining a car will make you lose interest in racing games fast. I hate paying for car problems. When you have enough just to pay bills, you tend to lose interest in cars. It is hard to think of cars when you do not have any real money. You can go to school but then the bills get higher. Then you wonder why you work in the first place. That is why I’m tired of playing racing video games. The real world reminds you of why you hate cars.

9. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

Yea, most of them. It's like you practice to understand the roads atleast a 100 times, then you participate in challenges until you've beat everyone completely in all the races. what else do you do there?
    Atleast in GTA, you have other things to take care of.

10. hafiz93

hafiz93 Member

I think racing games, especially arcade racing games are not meant to be played continuously. You'll get burnt out quickly because there's no sense of objective to it. You can probably do it with story based racing games, but you'll get bored quickly with arcade racing games.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

If a person gets bored with a game or not, entirely depends on how seriously you take the games aswell though.

I'm a huge fan of circuit racing, and I'll be obsessed about shaving half a second off my time here and there, especially if the tracks are real circuits.

If your only playing racing games to best other players then I think you've got more chance of getting bored, than if your trying to challenge yourself and best your own times.

12. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Everybody gets tired of doing the same thing. Everybody is tired of racing games for now. But, racing games will come back and be popular again. Right now, the economy is bad and a lot of people do not want to think about cars when they have other financial problems to worry about.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think totally the opposite when it comes to any type of game and especially racing games.

I see them as a way to relax and forget your other problems you might have, even if it's only just for a couple of hours every now and again.

14. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

I do tend to get tired of racing games. The only reason I get tired of racing games is because of scenery. I was playing Midnight Club: Los Angeles and I got bored of it. I had a great time playing the game but I get tired of the scenery. They should make the game bigger. They should add more cities to the game so players would play the game for a longer period of time.

15. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

It does get frustrating after a while.

16. spence88

spence88 Member

Hey guys, I remember when I took a 2 week vacation on my cousin's house. I brought my Wii U with me and all of my games, including Mario Kart 8. Guess what? 50% of our play time is spent playing Mario Kart 8! I am now absolutely convinced that racing games are made to play with your friends locally, in a single room or single screen. The fun factor is unlimited. We just can't get enough!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Sometimes I agree that taking a break can be helpful and can refresh your enthusiasm for a game, but at the same time you tend to lose some of your skills aswell though.

I know that if I haven't played a particular game for a few weeks, it takes me a bit of time to get back into it again.

18. spence88

spence88 Member

Yeah, I can vouch for that. But after you get the feel of it again, you'll get better. Well, in my experience and also of some. I've heard some speedrunners shave a second off their time after taking a break from a few weeks of non-stop intense training.

Well, I think that applies to everything else though.

19. Gombafej

Gombafej New Member

Yes, sometimes. I have to switch to different genres sometimes, but racing games are my go-to choice!

20. GenevB

GenevB Member

There definitely is enough variety to chose from. Anyway, in my case, every time I would get tired of a game genre, I simply end up asking myself how much time will pass until I actually get back to it and start getting addicted to it again.