Do you believe in the Ouija Board?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by NickJ, Oct 22, 2014.

1. NickJ

NickJ Member

This new horror movie comes out Friday called "Ouija". So this thread is perfect plus Halloween is next Friday. Do you guys believe in the Ouija board and its supposed powers? Ever used one? Know anyone who did? I've heard too many stories about it to ever mess with one, LOVE movies about them though.:)

2. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

Yes. I believe they are real and I also believe the deceitful. My cousin and I used to call on Audrey Hepburn but I'm pretty sure we weren't talking to Audrey Hepburn.

3. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I mean, not everyone can be wrong about this, right? I have seen some YouTube videos that looks too real to be fake.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't believe in it at all, but I admit I've never tried it. I may change my mind once I do get to try but I really am very doubtful and skeptical.

5. NickJ

NickJ Member

I think a lot of stories about Ouija board experiences are bull plop. But there are a good amount that are true.

6. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

We will never really know until we have an experience ourselves.

7. sillylab

sillylab Member

Nope I don't. It's a pretty well explained psychological phenomenon that occurs in stuff like Ouija boards and water divining. It's called the Ideomotor effect and I would recommend looking it up it's pretty interesting.

8. Dez97

Dez97 Member

I don't believe in it, mainly because I don't want those things to come back and haunt me. However I have heard of some people using them and how it possessed one of their friends...that proved even more reason why I should stay away.

9. funone22

funone22 New Member

No I seriously don't believe in the Ouija board and it's powers and I really think it's a superstition. When I was younger I used to have the Ouija game but I played it just for fun and nothing bad ever happened to me so that is why I'm skeptical of powers coming from the game.

10. Aurelia

Aurelia Member

I never used one. At one point in my life (I may have been twelve or thirteen) I was really interested in everything spiritual and supernatural and I must admit that I was tempted. But then I heard a story about my aunt. Apparently, she'd tried to use it and got really spooked several days later, so it kept me at bay. Only later did I realise my parents may have invented the story just to scare me without telling me directly they didn't want me doing it. It worked. Had they tried to order me not to, I would have probably ignored them.

11. wulfman

wulfman Member

I don't believe in Oujia board powers.

12. wulfman

wulfman Member

But I have read of a great many documented cases of strange happenings involving them.

13. Aurelia

Aurelia Member

Which is exactly why I am glad I didn't experiment with one. It's easy being a sceptic when you have no experience of something. But once you do, things change and you have to live with something like that. I don't know what would have happened had I tried to use it. I rarely think about it. Still, I am glad I didn't. It somehow keeps me in the ''safe zone''. If ghosts don't exist, then there is no harm in this. If they do, still, there is no harm in this - I stayed out of it :) Crazy logic, isn't it?

14. wulfman

wulfman Member

Yea I won't just scoff at something until I see undeniable proof that it is a hoax. I won't believe it either unless there is proof.

15. wulfman

wulfman Member

However I am not agnostic when it comes to my religious beliefs. I believe in God. So that is the exception.

16. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

I tried one of those board-game versions before. One thing is for sure. I wasn't moving the planchette (the pointer).

17. Aurelia

Aurelia Member

So, you are on the safe side too. Being rational is very important when it comes to ''touchy issues'' such as this one, especially if you come from a society which tends to be superficial. You are influenced by it whether you want to or not.

I too believe in God, but there is no unitary ''belief''. Everyone has something special and unique about their faith. Religion is a set of rules. We feel more closer to some of them, in most cases, not all of them. What we accept close to heart is what we believe in, especially nowadays when there's a mixture of beliefs, which is neither a good thing nor a bad one. It's curious how the first three monotheistic religions are still very active, despite the centuries. Amazing, don't you think?

18. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I believe that this is true and I don't want to try it. I heard many stories behind this.

19. cyberpinoy

cyberpinoy Member

No i think the board does exactly what the operator wants it to. Not purposely but our mind is a very crazy organ. our mind could very well be controlling where the glass starts and stops. Thats just my thoughts tho.