Chicken or turkey?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by billydd, Oct 11, 2013.

1. billydd

billydd Member

I love both but I know some people find turkey too dry over chicken, what's your favourite.

2. Farrah

Farrah Member

ohhh I do love both. But I do eat more chicken than turkey. Turkey is more like for a special occasion. I mean a real turkey baking in the oven, that makes the house smell like heaven though.

3. davidexct

davidexct Member

I like both of them but when it comes to select one between both, I would choose chicken. Chicken are some what cheaper than Turkey and are more tasty in my opinion.

4. Racer X

Racer X Member

Oh man, I can't stand turkey. Def count me among those that find turkey too dry. But if it's spiced and seasoned just the right way, I love it. But chicken definitely wins this in my book, hands down.

5. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

I'd pick chicken any day.

6. davis

davis Active Member

I'd pick soy 'meat' any day.

7. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

How many food threads are there in this forum anyway? This is like the 4th one I've noticed.

8. aleks4775

aleks4775 Member

I like Chicken more. It has a much more tender meat. I am eating one right now lol XD Turkey has this really dry and nasty meat. I really don't like it so much. The only way to get rid of the dryness is to marinade the meat in something "wet" if you know what I mean. I always marinade my chicken before i fry it to make it tastier.

9. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

Chicken all the way! Turkey has a weird aftertaste in my mouth, I can't stand it.

10. Farrah

Farrah Member

Can you blame us..... we are hungry people man....

11. x0MandyLynn0x

x0MandyLynn0x New Member

I like both Chicken and Turkey. But if it came down to having to pick one, I'd have to go with Chicken. They both almost taste the same, but like you had mentioned. Turkey is a bit too dry, unless you get the brown meat part of it. I still prefer Chicken though, plus the cost of it is more cheaper than Turkey. Turkey is always quite expensive! At least it is, from where I'am from!

12. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

Fair enough and I thought all the hungry folks were here in Asia or in Africa.

Chicken all the way. Turkey just doesn't compare.

13. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

Chicken all the way for me too, Turkey is in comparison but it is far out of chicken's league lol.

14. Dez97

Dez97 Member

definitely chicken for me, I just think turkey is strictly for thanksgiving, and even then I don't really eat it.

15. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

They both taste so good! I love eating both of them1 But I eat chicken more than I eat turkey. I usually eat turkey on Thanksgiving, well sometimes. Kind of hard for me to choose just one because they're both just so good!

16. wulfman

wulfman Member

depends on how its cooked. fried chicken over turkey any day. but i like cole cut honey mapled turkey with provolone cheese in sandwiches. i dont like chicken in my sandwiches.

17. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Yeah I guess you're right. Fried chicken is so good! But in a sandwich, I think turkey tastes awesome!

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Turkey isn't very popular here so I am more used to chicken and so I will have to pick chicken. I have tasted turkey and I didn't like it that much. I've also tasted turkey bacon and turkey sausage and they were okay but I prefer the tastier and deadlier pork version.

19. wulfman

wulfman Member

Yes depends how it is cooked. I like honey maple turkey from Boars head on a club sandwich as opposed to grilled chicken. But I prefer fried chicken compared to Thanksgiving turkey for example.

20. wulfman

wulfman Member

Yea I prefer turkey sausages and hot dogs as opposed to chicken of the like. Turkey hot dogs are not that bad but pork bacon is second to none. :)