Best game of the series?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by Brem, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Rocky55119

Rocky55119 New Member

I think San Andreas is the best. It has a LONG Story-line and the people who annoyed you in the beginning, you get to kill in the end.

2. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I liked Grand Theft auto San Andreas, you got to build your character up and eat and date women which is good and felt more realistic. Vice city was like a scarface movie type game where you are betrayed and fight back to get revenge and get back at sonny who was responsible for Tommy going to jail and tried to extort him to give a cut from profits earned but ended up dying by his pawn. I thought Big smoke wanted more money, and sweet was not into hard drugs like ryder was and was meant to be killed but he survived which shocked him must have been hard to betray close friends for money and glory had no regrets in end.

3. Maxx Johnson

Maxx Johnson New Member

It is a great game. Definitely one of Rockstar's best, if not THE best. I enjoyed this game so much, and will enjoy it for a long time. I loved playing split-screen with my brother back when we had the game on the PS2. Not enough games do split screen nowadays(Despite the fact that GTA:SA came out in 2004, when split screen was still popular).

4. Corten

Corten Member

In my opinion, yes, definitely. I haven't had so much fun with any other GTA game, although my favourite is still Vice City for the atmosphere alone. San Andreas, though, is a better game in almost every aspect.

5. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

I've played most of the titles, except for GTA 5, and my favorite is Vice City. Even though it's older and the graphics are prety poor, I like the missions, characters, and music much better than any of the other titles. I keep coming back to Vice City again, and again. I've probably finished it about 10 or more times over the last few years.

6. niiro17

niiro17 Member

For me, the best game of the series is San Andreas. I really love the game, the characters, the place, the gangs, everything!

7. sidney

sidney Member

I like GTA Vice City better than GTA San Andreas, because I just can't stand the rap songs that I hear every time I steal a car. I had to change the station immediately! I also didn't like the ambiance of GTA SA. Plus, controlling CJ is hard on the pc! I prefer GTA VC or 3 over SA.

8. silverborn

silverborn New Member

Well, I liked GTA 2 the most out of the series. But when it comes to 3d GTA games, this one has most of my memories since I played it the most .
    I still remember telling my friends about all the things you could do in this game and how they made it look like real life. They all picked it up after that.

9. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I think I enjoyed Liberty City Stories and San Andreas the most. Out of these two, I've spent the most time on Liberty City Stories. For some reason, I just find the map on Liberty City Stories to be a lot more fun to play around. San Andreas is good too, but Liberty City Stories is probably on top.

10. SS42A

SS42A New Member

For me, I've played both Vice City and San Andreas, and they are both the best games in the GTA series. I've never played the later GTA games because I have dropped out of gaming. When it comes to dialogue, SA takes the cake, since it got rid of the swear filters. Also, San Andreas provided the most epic cliffhanger scene in "The Green Sabre." which means all the missions in Los Santos at the beginning are only preliminaries. As for Vice City, I can't help but mention the military convoy being ambushed by Tommy while outside the doughnut shop, and then he steals the tank for Col. Cortez.

11. rightct

rightct New Member

San Andreas is the best game of the series hands-down. Probably GTA V managed to surpass this game from all points of view, but compared to GTA IV, which was very, very disappointing (I couldn't even fly a plane!), it was like comparing oranges to apples.

12. bavinnie

bavinnie New Member

For me San andreas is a tight tie with GTA V, but I actually haven't picked up SA in a while so I think I'm gonna give it a solid replay soon (and without cheating this time haha) also the jet pack was 10/10 the realism might have been lacking there but really, every GTA has some really over the top stuff in one aspect or another

13. PaulSpec

PaulSpec New Member

For me San Andreas is the best GTA game there is . But the graphics is so bad ...

14. tarverten

tarverten New Member

San Andreas WOULD be the best in the series if GTA V never came out. Because considering the scale back of content of GTA4, it's hardly considered the best rather than a step backward.

15. blastguardgear

blastguardgear New Member

GTA 4!! GTA: Chinatown wars is almost the same except you play a triad guy. GTA 4 has everything GTA chinatown wars has except only better!! So my opinion doesn't go too far.

16. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine New Member

Gta V (Five), because they improved a lot the graphics, engine, missions. Also, many other things are possible, including the also good Gta Online. In my opinion, Rockstar Games may launch Gta V: Episodes From San Andreas, including San Fierro and Las Venturas, besides Los Santos.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It is up there, yes, but I think GTA V overclassed all the previous games since it is really inovative and really well thought out.
    San Andreas remains a classic though, and it can't be replaced.

18. Damien Lee

Damien Lee New Member

Initially when I started playing GTA San Andreas, I not only thought it was the best GTA but also the very best game of all time. But around half-way through the game it just seemed to drag, the missions were getting way too repetitive for my tastes. Eventually I had to force myself to complete it, whereas with Vice City I got to the end without feeling it was a grind. For me Vice City is the best in series, of course others are free to disagree.

19. TheViper

TheViper Member

I'd have to say GTA San Andreas was my favorite. I just like how there was a little more character interaction involved. You can build up CJ's stats and even feed him. We would laugh at my friends fat CJ. A bunch of good times were had with San Andreas.

20. Kaylahambrick

Kaylahambrick New Member

To me, SA was the best. I did play VC but it didn't feel as in depth because Tommy didn't speak the entire time. From the beginning of the game in SA, you could feel the connection to CJ and you could easily put yourself in his shoes making you want to redeem his whole family. Working out in the gym to gain muscle and burn fat, eating burgers until you threw up, searching the woods for Bigfoot, and playing the amazingly varied missions made SA the best compared to VC and III. Now is it better than V? That's another discussion.