Are there any good mods for the PC version San Andreas?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by Profit5500, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

I looked around online and found a GTA Berlin mod which makes everything look like Berlin. I also found a Planetside assault rifle mod that I guess replaces one of the assault rifles in the game. I heard that there was some sort of zombie mod, but I do not know if there are any good mods out there. If anyone knows any good mods that are worth it for San Andreas then feel free to post them.

2. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

I have never played with any mods before but I think there are at least a few available. I once saw one where the cars had the speedometer and fuel indicator. You can search google and see if you find anything.

3. erik120

erik120 New Member

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

How is the Nazi mods working for you? Does it have a bit of a graphics boost? Does the mp40 just replaces the smg?

5. erik120

erik120 New Member

6. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

I checked out the site and it is funny seeing the pic of CJ holding the MP40 SMG in his hand. All he needs is the uniform and he is good to go.

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

There are an UNHOLY ammount of insane mods for San Andreas. More so then IV because of IV being so demanding. For Example:

8. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

Wow that is insane I did not think Gundam would be there as well. I wonder where could I download the mod? This just looks so cool to play.

9. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Think it's in the description of the video dude. There's tons of really nutty japanese mods. You have to sort through google translated blogs but you can find some really awesome stuff. I can practically make my san andreas copy Gran Turismo with the amount of JP car mods there are.

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

Yeah Gran Turismo was also pretty good too. I remember back in the days of PS1 with Grand Turismo and how it was for its time.

11. martindrox

martindrox New Member

I never played with mods ever, but I think that most of the mods are pretty lame, not all of them but most of them. I've heard that Gran Turismo is pretty good mod.

12. rgrimes

rgrimes Member

Look on the website GtaInside, there are literally countless mods for Gta San Andreas, some mods are still being developed and made today.

I especially love the car mods, there is such a huge variety of car mods from different countries that you will get overwhelmed. You have to visit a website like GtaInside or GtaGarage, you will be amazed.

13. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

There isn't a Gran Turismo mod........

You can just compile alot of mods together and make it kinda like that..

and most of the mods are pretty good..

14. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

I use gtainside.com for all my GTA related mods. It's indeed very complete and you can get high quality mods from there. Other than that, if you play SA-MP (online mod of GTA San Andreas), register at LS-RP forums which is a server, you'll have plenty of mods there too.

Hope it helped!

15. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

Yeah that helps me which I would check this site myself when I do get the chance. I just never played with mods for San Andreas. This would be good for me to tinker with.

16. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

If you have a decent PC that can handle the mods without lag, it's amazing. It gets a lot more realistic and interesting. You should try the online version of San Andreas though, called San Andreas Multi Player(sa-mp). There's also MTA, but not so good.

In SA-MP, you can join existent servers, or create your own, if you know how to script in the pawn language. There are many modes, from Role-Play, to racing, death-match... In SA-MP you can edit a lot of the game, create new features, etc. It's also possible to add new objects and map in general. Remove existent buildings, add new ones, it's awesome. You also get to meet and speak to people from everywhere around the world which is awesome.

17. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

That is only good thing about multiplayer is meeting some good people who can relate. I tend to run into the people who are rude and disrespectful online. I guess having control of the maps sounds like fun.

18. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Well, depending on the server you join, how experienced you are, there are rude kids, indeed. Specially when you're new to it, helpers and administrators will help you out, while older players that think they know it all, and forgot about their "noob" times, will just report you for rulebreaking and try to get you punished all the damn time. Fortunately there are decent servers that instead of punishing new players, they assign a helper to teach them.

19. Brian

Brian New Member

ENB series makes the game look incredible for its age. There are a few other mods as well. One called "Ultra Thing" looks amazing (replaced motion blur with a more modern technique is the outstanding feature), though I haven't tried it yet.

And Gostown Paradise is just an awesome map:

One of the leaders of that mod went on to work for Crytek, still does afaik. And listen to those tire squealing sounds. My favorite of all time, and it's a mod!

The absolute must-have mod, however, is Multi Theft Auto. For the racing and derbies, it's so good.

http://mtasa.com

20. sidney

sidney Member

The first and only time that I played a mod on a GTA game was on GTA 3 where I changed the clothes of the main character to a punk get-up. I will consider trying the mods that were posted in here when I have the time.