Anyone Use the Cellphone Cheats?

Discussion in 'GTA IV' started by guruproto, Aug 16, 2015.

1. AxelR

AxelR New Member

I never used cheat codes in GTA IV, even though I did with the previous games. I just didn't feel the urge to. Maybe it's because I grew up or maybe it's the game itself, I don't know. :p

2. Vall

Vall New Member

I actually never used the cheats in GTA IV. Never felt like they would make it any more fun for me. I remember when I was younger i would write down all the codes for the cheats in GTA San Andreas though, pretty sure I had some fun with those.

3. AlexZ

AlexZ New Member

Stupid quеstiоn ??
    оn gtа 4 --PS3 ........ i hаvе thе сhеаt phоnе numbеrs.
    I prеss up аnd thе сеll phоnе аppеаrs in thе bоttоm right. Thеn prеss up ... nоthing hаppеns.
    Hоw dо i gеt thе phоnе tо pоp up (tо sее thе sсrееn ) -- sо i саn еntеr thе сhеаt phоnе numbеrs ?????????
    ivе triеd еvеrything. ???

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

To get to the actual phone keypad I've always pressed up to get the phone in the corner of the screen, and then up again to get to the keypad, so it sounds like you are doing it right. Have you changed the default control setting or changed any of the buttons @AlexZ?

If not then I'm not actually sure what you are doing wrong because I don't know of any other way to get to it.

5. Haroon

Haroon New Member

All versions of GTA are my favorite because they give a mental relief in my sadness.I am playing this amazing game since my childhood.I have never used any kind of cheats to finish the game.I believe that one should win the game by showing his natural skills not by using cheats.

6. D Lee

D Lee New Member

I use cheats but not quite often but I haven't used any on GTA IV because I find it so interesting and I don't find it hard/sticky..
    I've used cheats on Vice City and San Andreas in the past just for fun too

7. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I try to avoid cheats in general, but I also reach that point in games where I am open to most anything. It has been awhile but maybe this will jolt something loose in me.

8. D Lee

D Lee New Member

Maybe I got this question's title wrong. Anyway, back-then, I used pocketgamer site for tips, cheats and hints to get the most out of the games. I simply searched the archive for the games I wanted and clicked on the game title on the site. It was helpful and fun, I recall.

9. razer

razer Member

I TRIED to use them. But honestly it seems developers made it difficult for us to use them on purpose. Good luck entering a health cheat on the cellphone while you're being shot to pieces by the police.
    Speaking of police, there's one cheat I especially missed from San Andreas and that was the "no police" one.

10. walter12

walter12 Active Member

I have never used them but i'm quite interested now.

11. razer

razer Member

It's very simple. Just find the cheat codes on Google and then input them on cellphone.

12. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I'm aware of the process but i have never thought of using them.

13. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I got a reminder the other day about how much I struggle when it comes to using codes, especially on the PS4. If they are worth it though, I can usually power through and make it work.

14. Athanas

Athanas Member

I prefer playing the game without using any cheats. Most often I do that. But on some rare occasions, I use them.

15. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Playing without cheats adds excitement to the game.

16. Athanas

Athanas Member

I think I will opt for that. I will avoid cheats to get the full diversion of the game.

17. walter12

walter12 Active Member

Not using cheats helps you enjoy the game even more.

18. Rexy

Rexy New Member

Definitely! I'm crazy about them and honestly, I don't think you're a cheater for using them. It's more fun when you use them because it's hard to acquire things without it, and some things even impossible.

19. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Member

I totally agree with you. I always finish a GTA game without using any cheats to avoid being bored while playing the game. After I finish the game, that's the time I will use the cheats.

20. walter12

walter12 Active Member

Using cheats definitely ruins the fun