Anyone else feel that GTA 3 has aged pretty badly ?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by razer, Jun 30, 2018.

1. razer

razer Member

I played GTA 3 after I finished GTA4, just to see how the 3d era started, and damn I had to pretty much force myself to finish the game. Soundtrack mostly sucks, and there are only a few tracks/stations anyway. The city itself is pretty small. The graphics are very rough and ugly, as expected, and render distance is pretty small. There was also a problem with the map, I can't really remember what it was honestly but it was noticeable after playing the other games in the series. The main character doesn't speak, and the game has easily the worst voice acting in the series.
    Vice city was just a huge improvement over this game in practically every way.

2. killamch89

killamch89 Active Member

Yeah, even though GTA 3 was a revolution in the GTA series itself, the titles that came after just completely took the GTA franchise to a whole different level. A bit of perspective is needed though as consoles and technology on a hold have progressed so much that most games from that era are absolutely irrelevant in today's world.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Some good things to this day about this GTA 3 game, include the all star cast, the radio stations, and you can walk around the city as well.

4. sidney

sidney Member

Well, it doesn't really "age" in the sense that it deteriorates, but I get what you mean. It is after all the very 1st 3D version of thd game where everything started.

5. NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja Member

GTA 3 was my first GTA. I still remember the banshee car that I usually use to get into missions faster. And the Diablo car, good times.

6. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

Yeah, a lot of games made within this one's age don't always age up too well. But luckily technology has gotten better with graphics.