All Cops White

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by sillylucy, Oct 12, 2013.

1. JeronimoMagalhaes

JeronimoMagalhaes New Member

I think the black ones are simply a minority. But if they weren't around at all, I'd call it a serious racist move from Rockstar.

2. gats

gats Member

The United States is majority white so there will be a majority of white cops. LA also wasn't as diverse in the 90's as it is now so there were even more white cops.

3. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

Haha! Cold dude! But seriously it is no surprise that most of the cops are white. That seems to be the norm for most GTA games. I really don't care.

4. Sarz

Sarz New Member

Even before I saw the picture I didn't really think much of it. It wasn't intentional there are plenty of black people in San Andreas, I see no issue regardless. It's a game, so what does it really matter anyway?

I am interested to know since you raised the point if lack of ethnic diversity in a game would stop you playing it?

5. chasedood

chasedood New Member

I have honestly never even noticed that there are not that many black cops in the game. I really never paid that much attention to all of that while playing the game, I guess I was just too busy killing them to see it. I think that you might be reading a little bit too much into the game though really.

6. Esperahol

Esperahol Member

It's not really surprising - game designers have to take their shortcuts where they can. I mean look at Saint Row IV - all the cops are white and I have no problem with that because I don't care enough. I mean they're just going to get frozen/shattered anyway so why bother making them unique?

7. bsthebenster

bsthebenster New Member

I've never really noticed, nor had I cared that much. It hurts just as much when they're beating you down lol.

8. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

There are the black motorcycle cops but that's really about it. Honestly.. I've seen more white cops then black in real life so it's a bit true to form.

9. ANDR3SAS

ANDR3SAS New Member

The sheriff or whoever he is is black, as someone said the motorcycle cop is also black, even I never noticed that. I wouldn't call that racism. If you call this racism, you hate white people?

10. slaughterboy

slaughterboy New Member

The game is set in the early 90's not now. That's why.

11. exploreandrespawn

exploreandrespawn New Member

I think they probably took one mesh, or may be two and just texture mapped those two and used them for the entire game. I don't think it had anything to do with race, but more to do with just getting the game art done, meeting milestones for the level developers.

I'm into game art, and hope to get into the business soon. The least amount of polygons in a game and the more you can reuse a mesh, saves time and money in the long run.

12. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

The race of the police in the game doesn't matter to me because I shoot at them regardless. I mean I don't think the game is racist nor do I think the developers had any racist intentions. Do you notice that there are no children in the game also?

13. prey

prey New Member

I haven't paid that much attention to this detail! But, yeah, if I think about this, the only black cop I've ever seen was, in fact, Tenpenny (even his name is silly in a way, probably a reference to 50 cent?).

14. insertkittyface

insertkittyface New Member

Never really noticed, to be honest. I highly doubt it was intentional.

15. martindrox

martindrox New Member

I didn't know about that till I saw it here, I don't think that the game did that on intentional. Because cops are not that important in the game and what color does are they is not that big deal.

16. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

I noticed that as well in the game. I am not surprised they wanted Tenpenny to be the only black cop which he was the bad guy as well. There is probably a mod to change things to have more black cops.

17. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I don't think that this is something that I have ever taken note of when I am playing the game. I really do not think that they meant anything by it. I think that they just made it so but not in anyway to offend people. I do think that I have seen a few black cops in the game, but it is really rare.

18. SLAMDAT

SLAMDAT New Member

No, not all of the cops in GTA san andreas are white; Motorcycle cops are black, but yeah otherwise all of the cops are white. There are obviously also the main characters, but they don't count as said in your post.

19. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

There are black cops in GTA San Andres as far as I can remember. There is one on the storyline at least, and in the online mod you can find the skin, so I guess they're just rare.

20. Brian

Brian New Member

Indeed. There used to be more types of cops in the beta of the game. Some of their files still exist. They were likely cut for performance reasons - being able to squeeze more cops on screen vs less cops and more varied was the tradeoff.