The Crew Why should I get this game?

Discussion in 'The Crew 3' started by SlickBlasianYouTube, Oct 29, 2014.

1. SlickBlasianYouTube

SlickBlasianYouTube Member

I haven't seen much of the crew. So I'd like to ask all of you who are anticipating the game's release about what makes it such a must buy? I don't mean to offend you, I'd just like to know some juicy details that make the game such an anticipated game! Thanks! :)

2. tjmsrubegoldberg

tjmsrubegoldberg New Member

I think one of the most unique things about The Crew is the setting. The game takes place across the entirety of the United States, rather than being constrained to a single city, region, or series of race tracks like most other racing games. The open-world enviroment means that you can freely drive from New York City to Los Angeles and visit all kinds of places in between. From what we've seen, the cities themselves are very detailed and look amazing. There are also natural landmarks such as the Grand Canyon. Of course, not every city or road is in the game, but many of the largest and most significant cities are.

Another interesting thing about The Crew is that it is essentially an MMO with a very diverse range of vehicles, ranging from tiny cars to large trucks and from everyday vehicles to exotic supercars. Each vehicle has a ton of customization options, including up to six unique specs, allowing both exterior parts and performance parts to be customized individually at will. Parts are earned through completion of various missions and simple tasks. The MMO style of the game also means that it is designed for multiplayer, with both competitive and cooperative multiplayer as an option.

The Crew also has more of a story than most other racing games. I haven't seen a lot of it myself, but the parts I have seen seem very engaging and interesting.

If you want to find out more for yourself, I believe the sign ups for the next console beta are still going on. The beta was just announced to be from November 6th-10th.

3. SamClemensNT

SamClemensNT New Member

The Be
    The beta test results are in on this game. Not rated as a knock your socks off type game, however testers did like the graphics, loot chasing, and the large map. "The Crew" is a MMPG so it's hard to get board. Seems okay if you ask me. I just might buy it.

4. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

It's not your traditional racing game. It's open world with hundreds of missions waiting to be completed by you. So you should definitely get this game if you like racing games.

5. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

There's a lot more content than other racing games, and the nice graphics, customization options, and MMO gameplay make it must-buy game for me. You could try signing up for the console beta, if you're lucky enough to get a key you could have some fun trying out the game. I tried the PC beta from Nvidia, and thoroughly enjoyed the game.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think the best reason to buy this is because it seems to be leveling up on everything and making the racing game genre in a way that tries to be the new standard. By that I mean that they are integrating social mechanics, open world maps, and customization that is there not just for the sake of having it but instead for use in different types of terrain.

If they pull it off and actually make good on the promises then it will be massive and will probably set the standard for racers in the new generation of racing games.

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I don't think it's going to set any standards for the next generation of racing games. It's 2014 already. Expect games like this to come often now!

8. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

The most fun I had in the Crew Beta test when those were going was the simple act of just driving around. I didn't need to do the missions, or the side quest or anything like that. I could just drive and I got to enjoy a lot of scenery and just cruise kind of like you would do in real life, was just relaxing to me.

9. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

Well, you should get it since it's a huge step forward for racing games. It is open world, and you can roam the entire United States with your friends in a crew. The driving also feels great, and it will provide hours upon hours of gameplay. From the beta test, I could tell it would be a great game. The graphics were amazing too.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You're right. Many other games from all genres have already set this standard and this game is merely adopting it into racing games. I just hope they do it well and also I hope they keep focus on the basics which is offline racing.

11. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

Well, to be honest, I'll be waiting for it to go on sale. I was hyped a lot when it first got revealed, but then it worn off. I love the fact that the map is huge and that you can go anywhere. But what's the most important part of a racing game? The handling. The way the cars handle in the game seem very unnatural and they should improve that A LOT, if they want to sell a good game that people are going to like. If they don't fix the handling, the game is still going to be fun, but at one point you'll just get bored of the way the cars handle, and you'll just stop playing it.

12. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Honestly, you shouldn't. Grab another racing title, there are plenty on the market. Ubisoft has been a very shitty company recently, and all their recent game launches were failures. Wait it out until it's on sale for at least half off. I know that's what I'll be doing. Hell, I'll even wait for a 75% off sale, as I don't really want to give Ubisoft money anymore.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This is the best way to go about it. I only ever buy games at release when the companies making them are really worth the full price, such as GTA/Rockstar and South. Park because I love the creators of the cartoons. Otherwise I just play games from my backlog and wait until the new games go on sale.

14. BluBird

BluBird Member

Google something like "The crew map" to see if it fits for you. All I can tell you from my last experience is that I had a hell lot of fun. Even driving just through the country side was loads of fun compared to other games. For me this was a blind buy after that first beta.

15. jeremy2

jeremy2 New Member

16. jeremy2

jeremy2 New Member

Driving through the different terrains gave me the much sought after adrenalin rush.The iconic views and the vast countryside all appeared surreal.I think it's great value for money.