Why Robin Williams Will Be Remembered

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by mssfgaming, Aug 14, 2014.

1. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

From his iconic genie in Aladdin, to the intense Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting to the amazing and inspiring role of John Keating in Dead Poets Society. Robin Williams, you were an amazing actor and you will be missed by everyone who has a beating heart, because not only have you left us amazing works of art that we can appreciate your talent, you were facing depression and in your mind, you only had one way out of this labyrinth: taking your own life. This man was one of the most versatile actors, ranging from horror to drama to comedy, this man was the man to make you cry, laugh and scream all at the same time. If you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend you see Good Will Hunting, one of my favorite movies of all time. Not surprisingly, Robin Williams also won the Best Supporting Actor in the Academy Awards.

~RIP Robin Williams. You're free now, Genie.

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

IMO, he was the funniest actor in the face of the planet. The world has lost a comedian of monumental greatness and this saddens everyone..

3. KNH

KNH Member

He was really good - a funny man. I will have to watch Good Will Hunting. Thank you for the recommendation!

4. wulfman

wulfman Member

WOW you have not seen that ? Must see movie.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think everyone was surprised to see how well he acted in serious roles including myself. It really showed that there were a lot of layers beyond his funny side and those were probably even fueling a majority part of it as it has been made apparent to us now.

6. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

I was in Southern California when I heard of his passing. I went down to Hollywood to see his star. Of course it was surrounded by cameras and other tourists coming to see it, but I was glad to have been there.

7. wulfman

wulfman Member

It is sad that a man who spread so much joy and happiness, was so miserable and sad deep within.

8. wulfman

wulfman Member

I own a DVD of Mrs Doubtfire. I watched it a few times after his death.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. The most unfortunate thing is that no one really pays attention until it's too late. I only hope that this news at least helps countless others who are going through the same things.

10. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I have a few movies of Robin Williams on DVD. He will always be missed.

11. downsouth

downsouth New Member

My favorite movie of Robin Williams will always be Mrs. Doubtfire. You can mention the name of that movie and I will laugh. Brilliant plot line and acting. Nobody could have played that role better than he did. I watched an interview with the actor who played the youngest daughter in that film. She was teary eyed when remembering Robin.

12. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I like Robin Williams when he is joking and of course the Genie voice.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I honestly like him a little better in dramatic roles because I found him to be very good at it. Though I preferred the type of dramatic or serious roles that were less cheesy but I think overall they were all great performances.

14. peelout247

peelout247 Member

Man was he so underappreciated during our times like he wasn't as awesome as he was. I grew up watching Robin and loved him in some of his most dramatic work. Hell, don't even ask me how many times I saw that Peter Pan movie. Which till this day may be the best movie interpretation to date. So he will always have that under his belt.

Just a graceful presence man

15. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 New Member

How sad that such a quick witted and imaginative person should die from a rare form of dementia. I am glad we have his movies to remind us how talented he was.

16. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I cannot really speak to his early years or his stand up comedy or anything, but I happen to know that Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting are some fine examples of good acting, and he was really incredible in those. I remember a while back being a little shocked to hear about his past and his comedy because I knew him as this dramatic answer, so if nothing else this really shows you his versatility. He will definitely be missed, and thanks for sharing.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I honestly didn't like his comedy all that much but I did enjoy him in us comedic movie roles and especially the dramatic roles. I guess the most I liked him in when it comes to comedy is playing genie in Aladdin because it really suited his style. Maybe I am just missing some of his greatest comedic roles which is why I can't appreciate it fully enough.

18. artyarson

artyarson New Member

Sure! He's a legendary actor. Probably the most charismatic one in the world. Unfortunately, things ended up this way. However, even his last movie was huge. He will be missed.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Which one was this? I do not remember him being in anything as of late, but maybe I am missing something here. Now that I think about it, it will probably be one of those "oh yeah" moments, but nothing is coming to mind right now.

20. tpicks

tpicks Member

While I was still very young Robin Williams was one the caracters, A great actor I came to terms with on the screen