Who turns off their radio while roaming?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by mddimehdi, Oct 9, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Oh, I listen to Sleepwalking by The Chain Gang of 1974 and From Nowhere (Baardsen remix) by Dan Croll so much. The other songs I'm a little more moderate with.

2. TheViper

TheViper Member

Nope, I always leave mine on whenever I play. I am one of those people that can't play certain games without music. Unless it is horror then there will be music on blast.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Dan droll is one of my favorites in the game too! GTA has always had the most fantastic selection in music. I even still have the old games' radio soundtracks on my music players. I sometimes listen to it in the car while driving because it sounds like a real radio station and I get to feel like I'm driving in-game. :D

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Member

I definitely turn off my radio while romaing in GTA. It gets a bit tiresome and annoying afterall. I'm not a big fan of a lot of excessive noise in video games in general. It doesn't really add much to the game in my opinion.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Oh, that's cool. So, you'd be listening to San Andreas' radio soundtracks while playing GTA5. Or maybe Vice City? Those are the ones everyone loves and I like them as well, but I'm curious if you go for one of the more obscure ones.

6. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Depends. I haven't overplayed the radio too much, so I still play it most of the time. If I don't happen to be playing it, I'll be playing my own music.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

My favorite one has to be LCS. I loved the Lazlo and early internet type call in conversations that the talk show got. I don't play them for different versions though. I just have one ready for when I'm driving in real life and it makes me feel like I'm still in GTA. :D

8. soconfused

soconfused New Member

I mostly keep my radio on. Don't really have a reason, I just always have some kind of music on in my car so I tend to do the same on the game too.

9. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

I turn it off most of the time as well, I'm with you in finding it just a bit too repetitive and distracting. Sometimes if I want to set a certain mood I'll turn on my own music, but I rarely if ever keep the radio on.

10. cameronpalte

cameronpalte New Member

I keep my radio on unless I have other music playing or am playing without headphones in which case I turn it off.

11. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

I turn off my radio too. I like to immerse myself in game worlds, and the radio has a bunch of distracting and obnoxious programs on it constantly. I only listen it for the occasional laugh, but if I wanted music while driving I would play my own music out of my ipod or something.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, yes. Liberty City Stories had a good radio soundtrack. I liked it better than GTA3's soundtrack. Now, I can't compare opening themes, though. GTA3's had a very chill and jazzy vibe to it, while LCS had this very cool and badass opening, with a genre that I can't really determine. They're so different that it's hard to make a valid comparison.

13. SonicSlayer

SonicSlayer Member

There are two time when I don't like to listen to the radio:

When I was new to the games and purely wanted to enjoy the sights of the city

When I had listened to each song on each station SO many time that I wanted to pull my hair out.

14. shreklock

shreklock Member

Mostly I turn off the radio, though sometimes I do turn it on, mainly because I haven't listened to it so much that it would get repetitive.

15. GenevB

GenevB Member

Well, for me it's all part of the game. The radio music it what is making me enjoy it even more, somehow makes me detach from the real world and get into the game. Even though I've listened to them about a hundred times I still enjoy them while riding a car through the city.

16. Strykstar

Strykstar Member

If anything, I turn the radio up when roaming, the music is one of the best parts of any GTA game.
    The only time I turn the radio down or off is when there is a mission conversation going on in the car and I want to listen to it.

17. xlSynergy

xlSynergy Member

I usually turn it off after a while because I prefer to listen to the car engine :p

Also, in my opinion, the radio stations aren't that good in GTA V.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I agree. The radio stations are part of the game experience, like a soundtrack to the action. it wouldn't be the same without the radio stations.
    I never get tired of the songs on Radio Mirror Park.

19. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

It depends on the mood really. I do turn off the radio sometimes when I am driving.

20. RadialPerson

RadialPerson Member

I like to keep it on, there's usually a few songs that I like listening to and when I used to play GTA V, anytime I got in a car I would normally switch to my favorite radio stations. Driving with no music gets a bit boring as well, pretty much like driving in real life.