Who still remebers the super nintendo

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Max007, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Max007

Max007 New Member

My very first console I ever owned was a "Super Nintendo." I used to spend hours playing "Super Mario" with my mom and my friends. I remember how me and my friends used to have sleep overs and just game for hours. "Super Nintendo" had so many great games. The one that I really enjoyed was, "The Mask" based on the movie starring Jim Carey. I used to love playing "Donkey Kong" as well. Back then I didn't care how good the graphics were. All I cared about was enjoying the moment. That's what being a kid is all about.

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

That's a little too old for me, my first console was the PS1! Had plenty of great experiences playing games like Final Fantasy and Metal Slug.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I never had this console but I have played the games on emulators. I have to say I prefer the Genesis games a lot more though maybe that's just because I never really got the hype of Nintendo games and characters all that much.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It's not that you didn't care about the graphics but the graphics were the best you can find at that time, I remember thinking "man, will we ever improve? I don't think we'll get better graphics than this" when I was playing Mario or Duck Hunt, but lo and behold here we are with Frostbite and Unreal Engine 4.

5. qag

qag Member

I still remember the Super Nintendo. I have tons of fond memories from my childhood of playing all sorts of games on it. Some of my all time favorite games are on the SNES. As a matter of fact, I still have my SNES, thought I admittedly don't play it all that much.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Oh I certainly do. I used to get a lot of playing time with this one, as I am sure others did as well. Given that this is for racing games, I am trying to think back to some racing games that I might have played on it but I am really coming up empty, but of course I did play a lot of Mario Kart so I guess that counts a little bit. I cannot think of any other racing games, though, so I am kind of curious to see if other users mention any. Thanks for sharing.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I was never that much of a fan of this console in particular and instead liked the competitor brand a lot better the Sega Genesis. I know I would play it a lot if I still had one but thankfully nowadays I can still just use emulators instead.