Who is your go-to guy?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by Gin0710, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

Who is the player you always pick for Mario Kart? Mine used to be Koopa on SNES, then Yoshi. Now I only pick Yoshi or Luigi.

NathanG likes this.
  2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Mario for me! Stuck playing the green guy for way too long as the younger brother, now I can finally pick Mario all the time. At least, until I tire of his accent...it gets annoying eventually

Gin0710 likes this.
  3. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

Yoshi has always been my guy to go with but I think I will soon be switching to Link. I've seen the DLC where he gets a motorcycle and that simply looks amazing. I also started playing games from the Zelda franchise again and I honestly forgot how good they are.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

I've always gone with Yoshi, although it honestly doesn't matter to me. I'm happy with whoever's available if I can't get my main characters.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I like to use Wario, Bowser, or Yoshi. I usually just pick random ones each time just to change it up, though, but those are my favorite picks whenever I'm feeling less adventurous.

6. TheViper

TheViper Member

I'm always going with Mario regardless. Though, one time I did choose Peach which was weird. Now to avoid all the strange looks I tend to just keep Mario.

7. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Why would you be getting strange looks ;) I'm sure that a lot of people pick Peach in Mario Kart! Princess Daisy on the other hand gets no love.

8. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

How do you get strange looks? lol What's wrong with Peach or Daisy anyway? I mean I don't pick them because they have annoying sounds, but I typically just mute the volume.

9. SonicSlayer

SonicSlayer Member

I really like to use Toad or Yoshi or Luigi. I use those three mainly and are used to all of them so that I always have an option if I can't pick one.

10. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I'm guessing it's probably guys making fun of each other for picking a virtual girl character. Like she's their "waifu" or something.

11. moaz13

moaz13 Member

Dat Luigi death stare

Joking aside Bowser is where it's at, get rekt.

12. NathanG

NathanG New Member

Yoshi, he has always been my favorite character, and I always play as him. I even played as him in the old Game Boy Mario Kart.

13. Luke Martin

Luke Martin New Member

My go-to-guy is Waluigi. I think it was because he was the first driver in Mario Kart Wii that I played with. I just liked how he handle, so I stuck with him. In the 3DS version of the game I played with Yoshi, but went back to Waluigi again in Mario Kart 8.

14. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Same here on both counts! Yoshi and I have had some good times but I'm definitely excited for Link and his motorcycle...it looks like it'll be fun :).

15. bellahpereira

bellahpereira New Member

I usually pick the princesses, I used to mainly use baby daisy but I recently unlocked pink gold peach and she's just too amazing not to use! She has become my favourite in a short amount of time because the stats for the car I usually use stay the same but she has more weight so I don't get pushed around as often anymore lol. I'm quite excited for the expansion packs though! I cannot wait to play as Link :D

16. jurew2

jurew2 Member

Whenever I play Mario Kart I play Yoshi, because I don't know why. I just liked him from the very begining of Mario Kart and he is still my favorite to this day. I might got for some other guy when I feel like it, but I mostly choose Yoshi.

17. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

When it comes down to it, Bowser is my "equalizer" of sorts. I know his handling is bad. But I can deal with that. I've gotten so good with using him over the years I don't even notice the poor handling he and Donkey Kong have anymore.

18. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I like Luigi a lot, but since they added his death stare, I prefer Bowser so I can watch Luigi's "I'm gonna rape you" face everytime he passes by me.

19. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I liked toad on the SNES. These days I just rather play with Mario I just like his style and sometimes Luigi.

20. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Yoshi has been my go to character ever since he was first introduced in Super Mario World. So, not only in Mario Kart, but also in Mario Party and any other game where you could choose a bunch of Nintendo character Yoshi was the one I chose every time.