Gran Turismo 6 Which Gran Turismo is the best?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by grandtheftgamer, May 5, 2014.

1. grandtheftgamer

grandtheftgamer New Member

We have always played Forza racing games but I want to try Gran Turismo for a change. We have a PS2, a Wii, an Xbox 360, and an Xbox One, so which Gran Turismo should we get? Is the newest one the best or is there an older one you actually like better?

2. Cera

Cera New Member

I think I will always be a little fond of GT2, something about having almost a limitless set of cars is just great. It is the one thing I despise with racing games - lack of cars does no one any good.

3. grandtheftgamer

grandtheftgamer New Member

Thanks for the recommendation, Cera. I'm going to look into GT2...

Looks like it's an original Playstation game, which is fine because we have a PS2 and unlike the Xbox One, the PS2 is backwards compatible! (I hate that about the One.) Anyways, IGN gave it 9.8 out of 10 so it must be awesome. I'm going to check eBay and maybe Game Stop to see if I can find a copy on the cheap, cheap. :)

4. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Member

Agreed with the GT2, there are lots of good cars in it that are just too good. Plus it is what made Gran Turismo one of the most hyped racing games of this era.

5. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Member

I also agree with Grand Turismo 2 being the best game out of the entire series. The license system feature in GT2 is awesome and makes the game much more enjoyable if you ask me. GT2 is definitely worth checking out if you get the chance.

6. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Gran Turismo 2 is definitely the best in the series. Though the graphics are no longer that good if compared to today's games, it was highly innovative at that time. It added a lot of features and tweaks to the game. A lot of people thought that the first game won't be topped but Polyphony exceeded all expectations. A lot of critics also rated the game a perfect 10! GT2 is simply the best.

[​IMG]

ray king likes this.
  7. ciorex

ciorex Member

Grand Turismo 5 is the only answer anyone should pick! It has: 16 car races online racing (GT4 had it only in the Japanese release) cockpit view (honestly this feature alone destroys any other Gran Turismo) 1080p resolution 1000 cars (so what if only 200 are premium, when racing it's impossible to tell the difference) Lamborghinis Ferraris NASCAR Kart racing (seriously, don't knock it till you tried it, they're insanely fun online) Car Damage Best controls of the whole series (GT1and 2 handled like ass, don't care how realistic you think they were) An visible racing line for noobs (stolen from Forza? Maybe, but that's another topic) custom soundtracks Licenses are optional now GT5 is by far the biggest leap for the game in the series. GT3 actually had some features missing that was in 2. GT1 cars had more polygons than GT2 (that's how they were able to increase the car count). GT4 was really GT3.2

8. Jerome Moore

Jerome Moore New Member

Gran Turismo 2 in my opinion, 900 cars was incredible for a time when racing games used to have 15 or 20.

9. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Yeah the number of available cars in GT 2 was way beyond the standards in the PS1 era. Though I wasn't able to try and drive every single one of them to check if they handled differently, the mere fact that you had a lot of cars to choose from was mind boggling.

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Gran Turismo 3 is my personal favorite. It's what got me started on the franchise and I go back to it all the time.

11. ciorex

ciorex Member

Grand Turismo 5 is the only answer anyone should pick! It has: 16 car races online racing (GT4 had it only in the Japanese release) cockpit view (honestly this feature alone destroys any other Gran Turismo) 1080p resolution 1000 cars (so what if only 200 are premium, when racing it's impossible to tell the difference) Lamborghinis Ferraris NASCAR Kart racing (seriously, don't knock it till you tried it, they're insanely fun online) Car Damage Best controls of the whole series (GT1and 2 handled like ass, don't care how realistic you think they were) An visible racing line for noobs (stolen from Forza? Maybe, but that's another topic) custom soundtracks Licenses are optional now GT5 is by far the biggest leap for the game in the series. GT3 actually had some features missing that was in 2. GT1 cars had more polygons than GT2 (that's how they were able to increase the car count). GT4 was really GT3.2

12. ray king

ray king Member

It has to be Gran Turismo 2, simply because of Nostalgia. GT 3, 4, 5, 6 all may have better graphics and more gameplay, but for me GT 2 was the one, which commanded my attention. I wish I had a pic of any of the races I played back then. It was just fun, in fact I spent a lot more time trying to get good at racing back then than now.

13. ray king

ray king Member

Thanks for the pic, brings back memories

14. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630 Member

My personal favorite is GT5. I really like the graphics and the cockpit view is amazing. I loved 3 too, I really played it a lot when it first came out.

15. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeR New Member

Gran Turismo 2 was amazing until 6's release. The latest release of Polyphony's storied simulation series pretty much has everything I could want. I'm still disappointing with the whole premium cars fiasco that occurred during 5's release but the newer games addition of online play have really taken the series where it needs to be.

GT2 deserves all the praise it can get because they truly pushed the original Playstation to its limits with that game.

16. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I was a big fan of GT 4 until the GT 6 released last year. I have already finished the game. It's one of the best racing games I have ever played.

17. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Gran Turismo 3 brought so much eye candy during its time. It was a complete step up from the PS1 games. It definitely awed me for some time. However, I still picked GT2 over 3 because of the joy that I felt when I was playing the game. I felt very happy while playing GT2. I dunno why I felt that way more than when I was playing GT3. Maybe it's because I was a lot younger when I was playing GT2...

18. edthebig

edthebig Member

The one I played the most on my PS2 was Gran Turismo IV so I guess it has a very special place in my heart. It is a real fun game but when I played Gran Turismo V with my friends I think the feel was way better, besides it had the Ferraris.

19. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Gotta be Gran Turismo 3. Woke up on Christmas morning when I was six years old to find a brand new PS2 with GT3 and ATV Off-road Fury underneath the Christmas tree. My brother and I played it all day long,. It's probably the game that kindled my love for racing games, and I'll never forget it. Damn, now I want to go pick it up again and play it.

20. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

Personally the third game will always be my favorite because it was the first game I ever bought for the playstation 2. I loved the license system and winning cars when you finished a series of races. GT4 was kind of a let-down for me as it did not add much to the experience and even made is worse at some parts, I felt like the races were less entertaining too. I've been playing the latest release on the ps3 for quite a bit too but eventually gave up on it due to lack of time. I'd say it's definitely as good as the third game though and adding trophies / online statistics definitely makes the game more fun in the long run when you finish everything you can do in single player