Gran Turismo 6 What's up with the car damage in GT 6?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Ghost Rider, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Jerome Moore

Jerome Moore New Member

As the GT6 series goes on to GT100 you'll probably see more and more damage to the cars to give the other games more spice to them.

2. ray king

ray king Member

Ha, ha. I had quite a few laughs when my car flipped and flew and came out unscathed. I was just playing NFS MW 2012 the other day and the crash sequences although realistic gets irritating and slows down the race and wastes my time. So I guess sometimes its cool to race without being bothered about silly crashes and just get on with the race. And the cars look so cool in GT 6, that it hurts to see a dent on them. GT6 is relaxing, in the sense, all I have to think about is the racing, nothing else.

[​IMG]

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

It's sad that a lot of racing games get the damage physics wrong on so many levels.

4. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Gran Turismo games primarily center on car customization and racing simulation, and realistically you wouldn't be crashing as much as you do while you play the game. It breaks the realistic illusion for sure, but it's not game breaking.

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

In a racing simulation, though, realism is often the goal, and leaving out realistic car damage is a huge mistake. It's something that's fairly simple to handle, yet GT6 and other games lack this very feature, or have lacking results.

6. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I don't think complete realism is the end goal though. At the end of the day it is still a game and it is supposed to be fun. If you crash in real life at the speeds you drive in Gran Turismo you are out of the race with a totaled car most likely.
    If you do this in a video game and consider people don't know how to drive at those speeds properly it would mean having them restart the same race hundreds of time. While that can be appealing for some, most people wouldn't buy a game that punishing nowadays, even if they said they would.

7. Susime

Susime Active Member

I think we'll see Forza 100 long before GT 100 what with the way the guys behind the Forza series bring out a new game seemingly every year.