Running over pedestrians

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by Ghost Rider, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

When I first played GTA III on the PS2, the first thing that I tried was running over pedestrians. Call me a sadist but I loved bumping pedestrians on the streets. Now in GTA V, I thought that I would get over it but hell no. I still enjoy ramming pedestrians with the different vehicles in GTA. What about you?

2. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I share that psychopathic love of mowing down pedestrians. The only thing that kind of kills the enjoyment for me is that when they drop money, I can't pick it up when I'm in the car. It makes it feel like I have to get out of the car to pick it up which kind of kills the buzz.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Well, yeah I think it's what we all go for personally first. It's oddly fun and it's not like they are REAL people so its okay.

4. novasparker

novasparker New Member

I do get some sick twisted pleasure out of running over pedestrians and tehn going back and picking up their money. Does that mean that there is something wrong with us? Nah...it's just a game, right? Of course it is. It is strangely fun, though, isn't it?

5. goaboa

goaboa New Member

I do run over people mostly just gangs, and animals or people just shooting at me. I run over a single pedestrian though I immediately have to deal with the cops, and shaking them is somewhat more difficult since going to a pay and spray is no longer an option, lol.

6. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I actually hate cops in all GTA games. Whenever possible, I get a cheat that permanently disables them or I get a mod that makes them disappear. Let me rampage in peace!

7. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I love running over pedestrians on video games as well. It is crazy, because it seems like nowadays they make the video games to the point where they can actually elude the hit, making it more difficult to hit them. I know there are times when the person actually gets hit and then has the nerve to get back up. Thats when I pull a gun on them lol.

8. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

Running people over is one of the best aspects of the game. The ragbolls are brilliant and it never ceases to be entertaining.

If someone gets back up I make sure I give them a second pummeling.

Obviously this is pretty bad from an outsiders perspective, but hey, I'm not going to do it in real life.

9. orz

orz Member

Am I the only person which makes an effort to avoid the pedestrians? I like going fast, they're like speedbumps!

On an ethical standpoint it doesn't really bother me, they're nothing but pixels on the screen.

10. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

But speedbumps are good! They keep you from going through the windshield.

11. Poynt

Poynt Member

I loved running into some pedestrians too! Even if they are not real I feel sad once there is a car accident on GTA V.

12. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

This was one of the most fun things for me in San Andreas. I don't know if I'd get the same enjoyment nowadays, but it was fun in a morbid, almost Katamari Damacy kind of way.

13. cookiemonster16

cookiemonster16 Member

I have to admit I can't go long playing the game without getting the urge to run into pedestrians that is also a great way to earn a few extra dollars, but you also get cops chasing you afterwards.

14. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Member

killing random pedestrians will always be the most fun thing in the game! which is sad if you think about it

15. Rawisjason

Rawisjason Member

I don't intentionally run over pedestrians, but I still do it anyway. I don't get some sick pleasure doing it, but I don't care about Rhein-game pedestrians. I like to drive really fast and they just so happen to be in my way. I know they try to jump out the way but they're not fast enough. Running over pedestrians is GTA's trademark.

16. gats

gats Member

I am like this too. I probably drive on the sidewalks more than the roads.

17. LukeDerusha

LukeDerusha Member

As much as I hate the police chases that follow, ramming pedestrians will never stop being fun. The psychics in GTA V are perfect for doing so, and watching pedestrians fly is so hilarious.

18. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

That's the weird thing about the game it makes it so relieving when you can go down the road and just knock down as much people as you feel like. I mean sometimes I just spend most of my time just knocking down people and I must admit that often times it is the most fun that I have when I am playing the game.

19. Dez97

Dez97 Member

I don't like feeling like I'm a danger to people, but in a game I'm for sure all about it. Its fun, and makes up for what you can't do in real life.

20. ciorex

ciorex Member

I try to avoid running people over whenever I can, but if I do and lets face it eventually you just can't avoid them, I don't really dwell on it. Its a video game after all, not a psychopath simulator. (jury's out on that one)