Rumour: DiRT Showdown Sequel Coming to Xbox One?

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by BluBird, Jul 26, 2015.

1. BluBird

BluBird Member

Austrian retailer Gameware have posted a listing for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC versions of a sequel to Codemasters' 2012 stadium rally racer DiRT: Showdown.

It has been rumoured for a while that the game is in development, but this is the first time that anyone has really gone public with any sort of information. Gameware have broken news about a few games in the past, but they've also listed a few things that have ended up not being based in reality, so we're firmly listing this one as a rumour for now until something more concrete turns up.

Codemasters recent full rally simulator Dirt Rally - which is currently PC only - is also being rumoured as coming to consoles, so whether that's the news and Gameware have it mixed up, we just don't know. We'd imagine that if anything was to be announced, it would be at Gamescom in August. I'll try to bring you all the info just as soon as I see it.

[Source gameware.at]

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Oh my, really big news right here! I'd love it if they would just give us a little sneak peek but I guess they're kind of busy getting the game in order for Gamescom. Curious to see how it's going to look like!

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

I wouldn't mind an entirely new game!

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think it would be great if they came out with a new game that hopefully has more new things in it aside from just better graphics. The older versions are still very good though so I don't mind waiting a while longer for a new one to arrive.

5. Susime

Susime Active Member

I played a little bit of the Dirt games at my sisters and quite liked them.

If they do come to consoles I'd seriously consider getting them.