Project CARS Adds Karting

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Nov 11, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Whimsical plumbers hitting people with blue shells is well and good, but what if you want to experience a more realistic side of karting? After all, it is the entry point to real racing for many professional drivers.

Project CARS has you covered. Slightly Mad Studios recently announced it will include realistic kart races in the game. The karts will come in two flavors “125cc shifter karts perfect for short circuits and the more powerful 250cc Superkarts capable of speeds up to 160mph.”

You can check out some screenshots of the karts in the gallery below.

Slightly Mad has moved the game’s launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC back from Nov. 18 until March 17, 2015 in North America. The game moves from Nov. 21 until March 20 in Europe.

Wii U and Steam OS versions of the game had already been delayed until some time in 2015. No concrete date for those releases has been announced.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The post Project CARS Adds Karting appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Well it's certainly nice to see some innovation, but would it be fun? I think that the element of speed is severely missing if the karting resembles that of real life.

3. shreklock

shreklock Member

It's fun, I've tried karting on other games. Sharp turns and hard corners make up for the lack of speed. Though you have to enjoy the karts themselves.

4. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Yeah, I don't think that it's for me. You don't get the adrenaline rush of going over 100mph. :p

5. BluBird

BluBird Member

Nicely detailed karts. This should be fun!

6. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker Member

Project cars is going to be one that rivals forza. The graphics are on par and the content is going to be spectacular. I hope this releases before forza motorsport 6 so people can get hooked on this first.

7. troutski

troutski Active Member

That's an interesting enough feature. I'm still not that excited about this title, though.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think this is a very good addition. I don't think I've ever heard of karts being used in realistic racing games so I'm definitely curious to try this out. This certainly sounds like a good break from all the traditional racing.