Official Ultra Texture Pack Add On for GTA V Concept

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by johnsmith1212, Feb 25, 2017.

1. johnsmith1212

johnsmith1212 New Member

With the release of the Ultra Texture Pack for Fallout 4, this got me thinking, what if Rockstar could do the same for GTA V?

Plenty of games have downloadable ultra texture packs made by the developers, such as Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Watch Dogs 2, Fallout 4, etc... I don't see why this can't be done on GTA V. Due to the PS4 Pro and Xbox One Scorpio, it seems that a lot of devs are making these texture packs.

In technical terms, it wouldn't be very hard to do in GTA V. It would be a DLC that you download. When you enable the Ultra textures, the textures in the DLC pack would override the current textures. I am thinking that it really wouldn't be a bad idea to do this. Most likely, all of the textures in the official release are lower resolution than the source textures. This is true with all of the GTA's. I believe it is how they are able to easily release later versions of their games with higher quality textures. Also, from what I saw when I worked on the Heist Map Updates mod a while back, Rockstar used a lot of lower quality textures in places, where there are higher quality versions of the same texture available elsewhere in the files. So, what my point is, most likely, the original versions of all of the textures in the game are much higher quality than what is in the game files. Rockstar probably has the original textures, so they wouldn't have to retexture the game from scratch. After all, on the PC version, there are graphics settings that go up to Ultra, however Texture Quality only goes up to Very High.

So, how would this pack be distributed across the different platforms? It would only be available for the enhanced versions of the current gen consoles, and for the PC version.

Play Station 4 Pro: The player would find the DLC for the texture pack on the Play Station Store. When they download it, they would be able to enable/disable it as a toggle in the settings menu. A restart would be required when they switch textures (like on the PC). However, they won't be able to use the texture pack unless they are playing on the PS4 Pro. If someone attempts to download it on a original PS4, or a PS4 Slim, they will get a message saying it isn't compatible with their system.

Xbox One Scorpio: The player would find the DLC for the texture pack on the Xbox Live Marketplace. When they download it, they would be able to enable/disable it as a toggle in the settings menu. A restart would be required when they switch textures (like on the PC). However, they won't be able to use the texture pack unless they are playing on a Xbox One Scorpio. If someone tries to download the texture pack on an original Xbox One, or an Xbox One S, they will get a message saying it isn't compatible with their system.

PC Version: If the player has the Steam version of the game, they can download the texture pack via the Steam Market Place. If the player has a physical copy, or the Social Club version, they can download the texture pack via Social Club, or download the installer for it via the Downloads page on rockstar games. com. When ingame, to enable the texture pack, the Texture Quality setting in the Graphics menu will now go up to Ultra instead of Very High. Like how it is when you change the Texture Quality setting, a restart would be required for the changes to take effect.

Now, the thing about having an Ultra Texture Pack on GTA V is that it would be HUGE. GTA V is big enough as is. This is why it would absolutely have to be an optional add on like it is on other games that have this.

So what do you guys think about this?

Tags: cold song lyrics, black beatles song lyrics, closer song lyrics

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017