No audio on many steam games!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by alanwaston, Jan 17, 2017.

1. alanwaston

alanwaston New Member

I recently built my PC, and began playing some Steam games, but however have found that many, not all, of my games don't have audio. I have read around that it is necessary to reinstall DirectX, but every time I do so, I receive the following error:

"An internal system error occurred
    Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem."

I have spent many days trying to resolve this problem, and it would be much appreciated if someone could help me finally get everything working.

Thank you in advance!

(Also, if for whatever reason it matters, I am using the Sentey Arches GS-4730 headphones for audio.)
    Relax: ringtones free, message tones free, country music ringtones free

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

Steam games use Windows default audio device to output audio. If you cannot hear in-game audio (even if you still get audio for other programs), your audio output device may not be set to default.

To check this (on Windows 7):
    1. Enter Control Panel from the Start Menu
    2. Then, select: Hardware & Sound > Sound > Manage Audio Devices

Your default device will have a green check. If there's no green check on the device you're using, right click the name of the device and set it to default.

If this doesn't fix your issue, you should also ensure that none of your peripherals (specifically Webcams) are interfering in some way.

Here's how:
    1. Shut down Steam completely - In your Windows tray on the bottom right of your screen, find the Steam icon, right click on it and select Exit.
    2. Unplug any webcams you have connected.
    3. Launch Steam.
    4. Launch the game

Finally, if this doesn't help either, an audio management program like Realtek may be interfering with your audio. Try disabling or uninstalling Realtek, and then going back into game.