Need for Speed Movie Revs Up Its Publicity Engine

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Video game to movie adaptations usually don’t go that well. I think I’m still psychologically scarred from seeing Hollywood’s version of Super Mario Bros. as a child. But movies with bitching car chase and racing scenes usually kick ass. So I’m torn about Need For Speed. This new video from the movie’s official YouTube page […]

Continue reading...

2. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

All we can do is wait and see if it actually really gets the numbers. It is one of my great games that have been turned in to a movie. I hope it will be the most wanted movie.

3. Oakster

Oakster Member

I'm excited but mostly due to Aaron Paul, I think he suits the movie well, but as for the movie itself?... meh
    The games never have any decent storyline, why should be movie adaption be any good?

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I find it amusing that Aaron Paul was being asked more about Breaking Bad, but I suppose that was to be expected by everyone - including the people who hired him and probably even Aaron himself. I'm not particularly excited by this movie, to be honest, but I heard it's pretty okay. I'll wait for the Bluray, most likely, but I do hope the movie is good.

5. Oakster

Oakster Member

I think Aaron Paul will have to live with that until he gets a new "decent" role.
    I doubt this movie is it though, he runs the risk of being really typecast.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You're right. In my opinion, I think he should have rested for a while and then just came back to reinvent himself, but I'm no Hollywood expert, so I guess he is doing what is best. I also agree that this role most likely won't change the perception of his BB character as it seems a bit too generic, but hopefully it springboards him onto other more unique characters.

7. Oakster

Oakster Member

He's still a young guy, we'll see where his career takes him, heck Matthew McConaughey spent many years in "romantic comedy limbo" and now he won a best Actor Oscar :)

I'm more interested in watching what Breaking Bad does for Brian Cranston's career...

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You're right! If he has as much acting chops as Mcconaughey, then he has a good chance as like you said it is still very early in his career. I think Bryan Cranston has always been taking movie roles here and there, but I agree, it would be nice to see what he does next with a major role.

9. nickjt

nickjt Member

It looks like this film is going to be another failure for video game movies. It has made a fairly successful amount of money on release but the reviews have been terrible. It's a shame because the game could definitely have worked as a movie, just look at the success of the Fast & Furious franchise.

10. Oakster

Oakster Member

It's currently as 7,3 in IMDB, which while isn't great isn't absolutely terrible.
    I haven't seen it yet so I can't give a review, I think I'll catch it when it gets to RedBox or something...