Need For Speed Movie Not the ‘Most Wanted’ at the Box Office

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Those who were hoping the Need for Speed franchise would translate well to the silver screen are likely to be disappointed. Despite the presence of Breaking Bad’s red-hot Aaron Paul, the Need for Speed movie sputtered into theaters, ending up in third place behind Mr. Peabody and Sherman and 300: Rise of an Empire. According […]

Continue reading...

2. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

I thought if the game is great then the movie will be awesome. I have watched the trailer and was hoping to enjoy the movie also. I guess I just have to wait and see how the movie plays out.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm not that surprised as the movie did seem kind of generic just from the looks of the trailer alone, but hopefully, they find some identity in their sequel if ever there is one. I also agree that the Chinese market seems to love the explosive movies, I think Hollywood is catering more and more to the international market rather than domestic because of this.

4. nickjt

nickjt Member

It has still made a lot of money worldwide, so it will definitely make its money back. It's a shame they couldn't make a better film though, as Fast & Furious has shown them how to make a great street racing film. I think it will probably make enough money to warrant a sequel, but I hope it doesn't end up like the Resident Evil films.

5. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I am not surprised about this at all. I am not entirely hopeful whether this will make it big like FnF series. It all depends upon the end product. Let's wait and see.

6. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

I'm not surprised either. Aaron Pauls acting was actually pretty good though and I can see him getting very big in his career. The film as a whole was quite poor though. 5.5/10