Movies That Should Be Driving Games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by teabwoi, Dec 19, 2014.

1. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

There are tons and tons of movies that are released each year and some of the movies are really good. I was thinking to myself the other day that they should make a driving game that is something like fast and the furious I really think that it would be a game that is really fun to play. I mean with the ability of the free world thing and being able to do missions where you rob cars and the such.

Which movies do you think that they should turn in to driving games?

2. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I watched the Transporter movie back in 2003 and thought it was pretty good. I don't know if it would make a great racing game but if the game was based on the story and the player racing gets a mission to deliver a package somewhere . . . with each mission getting to be more dangerous, I think it would make a good game.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

This is a tough one because movies never translate properly into games, and the reverse is true, too. I'd have to say certain aspects of the past two Fast and Furious films could work in a game if handled properly and carefully.

4. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

This is something that is true because most of the movies that they have turned into games have never really been able to sell that much. I don't ever know why.

5. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

A movie that should be turned into a driving game? Mad Max in a MMORPG version, based off the newest version coming out. I would be all over that. oh my god.

6. Corten

Corten Member

I feel the F&F movies are perfectly represented in NFS: Underground 2, at least the first few. You can't really rob people and shoot in NFS games, though that would be an interesting addition to the original formula, but then you have GTA pretty much.

7. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

Isn't that essentially what they did with GTA5's multiplayer game modes? you get racing and the ability to rob someone.

8. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

The only one I can think of is the Fast and the Furious movies. That's the only driving theme movies out at the moment. What else is there?

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think Fast and Furious deserves to have a good game. I think if they were able to somehow take the magic of the old NFS games then they would have something, but unfortunately what sounds so simple constantly evades us.

10. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

I wish some of the old Jame Bond Games would have included some racing in the streets with some of his iconic cars. I think one had a portion where you controlled a tank.

11. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

e Transporter would make for a cool game. Great idea - I could see some of the scenes and characters etc making the transition from screen to game easily. Lots of cars, car chases, different places shown in the movies etc.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Very good idea. I think most franchises that are prone to having car chase scenes are a good bet, but especially so with James Bond just because the cars are so iconic and classy that it would make for something refreshing in the racing game world.

13. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I don't know, maybe Gone in 60 seconds? That movie was really nice, and the idea of having to steal different cars and racing to get them to a location in time would be pretty fun to play.

14. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

The Need For Speed movie was pretty terrible. In general the lack of a good storyline makes such movie adaptations quite bad. I would guess Grand Theft Auto IV/V would have the best chance of being made into a good movie.

15. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

The one driving movie, or movie which featured a lot of high-speed car chases, which I can think of that I always thought would make a great computer game was Ronin. It's quite an old movie featuring Robert De Niro but I did really like it. The movie features lots of car chases through the streets of Nice in Paris. Pretty cool location too if you ask me.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This is a very good idea. That movie had all elements that can make a racing game great including the nice cars, and if you add on the need to actually boost cars then it just gives racing games a new dimension.

17. troutski

troutski Active Member

Oh, Gone in 60 Seconds is a pretty good idea, especially with the crime element to it.

18. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Fast and Furious would be cool! The title even fits the theme of a racing game in my opinion! Plus, the movie has a lot of action in it too.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree, especially when they were still more focused on races instead of heists. It would be great if they actually put some effort into it but they rarely do for movie adaptations.

20. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Fast and Furious, definitely! I know it sounds kind of lame to choose the most common one but I'd really love a racing RPG game to be released! :D