How much do you spend on games in a year?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by davis, Oct 10, 2013.

1. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Yeah, and with that I have at least 60 games on Steam and 3 games on GOG. And also, since Christmas is coming, Steam will have sale this upcoming Thursday and I'm still not ready for it. My poor wallet ;_;

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Lol same here I try to save as much as possible so I can go crazy when sale season comes. Also humble bundles are a great example of this because it's like a holiday sale each week.

3. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Not that much. I try to budget myself to about $100 or so. I can usually do this by buying games when they're on sale.

4. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I used to pirate some video games that I thought weren't that good and then ended up buying them in the end, just because I wanted to support the developers. Something like Hotline Miami was a trial for me and near the end, I decided that this was a wonderfully crafted indie game so I bought it, too. I usually spend around 250 dollars in video games a year. Nothing too bad, just cramming all the Steam sales into my library with that budget. Thank god I don't use a console anymore because I would've spent WAY too much money on games alone.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I don't know.. probably not that much. I like waiting on sales (mostly Steam) since I don't pick up CDs, but I like to have some games at launch (namely Fallout 4 or The Division).

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

There's rarely a game I'm excited about enough to make me want to buy it at launch but they do exist so I get what you mean. For the most part I think waiting for them to get discounted is the right way to go since you'd go broke if you bought everything new.

7. tpicks

tpicks Member

I don't keep a record of how much I spend on games in a year. The fact is I do not spend often on games, I do get some free, some from friends. One thing I know I'm spending little amount on games

8. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

Probably around £120 which is about 3 new games. I don't buy too many games because I like to play one or two a year and just play them throughout the year. I rarely will get a brand new game that has come out unless I really love it like GTA, FIFA or Battlefield. Most of the time I will probably just wait till Christmas as well when the games are cheaper so I probably spend less than £120

9. tpicks

tpicks Member

On the conservative side I'd say I am spending around or less than $100 dollars on games in a year. I am able to put the money low since I sometimes go for free games and I am not that a game freak.