Helicopters or Airplanes?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by Rockhem, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Rockhem

Rockhem Member

What air transportation do you prefer, helicopters, or airplanes?

My opinion is that I prefer airplanes whenever I can, because they are much more fun and cool. I only use a helicopter when I have to, when where I am going doesn't have enough space to land a plane, or doesn't have a runway. My gripe though, is that no matter what you fly, the airplanes and helicopters feel a bit too much arcadey, and that isn't good to me.

So what do you prefer?

2. hclpd

hclpd New Member

I prefer helicopters to be honest. Although airplanes are better, I feel like wasting my time trying to fly it. Helicopters are easier to fly and control than airplanes.

3. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Helicopters, I think. They're just so much easier to control and you can land almost anywhere, but with that being said, planes are good for long distance travel across the map. Helicopters cannot travel as fast as planes.

4. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

I would say airplanes for derping around or covering distance. I like it too to fly with helicopters, and then to challenge myself to fly as low and as close to buildings as possible. Most of the time, I end up dead because of that, but oh well, it's a nice challenge.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I like both equally for different tasks but I personally prefer flying helicopters a bit more just because I find them a little easier to maneuver. Planes are just as good but I just like the controls of helicopters a bit more and I like that I can land on any flat surface without the need for a runway.

6. lakilla21

lakilla21 New Member

Personally I love flying the helicopter because it is fun and not very hard to use but the airplane is super fun to fly. helis are just so much more convenient and that is why I love them more over the airplanes. But you can never go wrong with either one.

7. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I prefer helicopters over airplanes simply because of their ease of use. If you want to use an airplane you have to be prepared to land in specific areas or just crash it once you get to your destination. Aside from that, if you want something with some firepower it's much easier to get a buzzard than a jet at Zancudo.

8. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Member

I like the helicopters better, because they are more fun to move around in. The planes don't have as much moveability and in general the controls are a lot worse. Besides when I use the helicopter I feel like an action star.

9. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Airplanes go much faster and higher, and you can do much more silly things with them!

10. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

Helicopters are much more versatile, and you can land them on buildings and in smaller areas much better. Airplanes are for long range travel and stunts, which aren't really my thing.

11. troutski

troutski Active Member

The helicopters are a far better option compared to airplanes, although there is a bit of a learning curve. If you can maneuver them properly, helicopters will land just about anywhere and get you through tight situations.

12. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

Loved helicopters over airplanes and here's why:

Timing. That's right, timing. With the planes from the previous installments, you have to maintain altitude, just the SLIGHTEST tilt could throw you off, and landing...Oh my God, landing! Do you know how many times I had to go through that landing part on San Andres JUST to get pass that tutorial?!

13. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

But that's the challenge of the airplanes, landing without making it crash. You'd have to try over and over again untill you became a pro with the skill to land an airplane. If you're able to land smoothly on GTA, you can show off to your friends, because not everybody can do a good landing with a plane.

14. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

I'm just glad to scrap by, friend. :) I'll leave the showing off to the pros, I just want to play my game, you know?

15. Kracer

Kracer New Member

This is a hard decision to make. I think it depends on what you want to do at the time. Sometimes you want quick transport and the smart choice would be a plane. But then you may need something agile for other various purposes and a helicopter would be perfect. I think in the end I prefer using helicopters the most for versatility purposes.

16. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I love using Helicopters than Airplanes. Airplanes are needed to have a lot of space and since Helicopters don't. But I love using Jets the most.

17. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

I think the helicopters are more fun to play and easier to control, plus you can land them anywhere and don't have t worry in the same way that you do with the airplanes. I just like air travel in general though ;)

18. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

I like the airplanes, fast, covers distance - but I do like landing where you can with a helicopter. I think I have more luck with the airplanes.

19. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

Me too, wind up trying some Tom Cruise Top Gun moves and the next thing you know my flyby ends in a fireball! Crashed a bunch doing that but it's fun... at least in the game when you can start over again that is!!

20. eMike22

eMike22 New Member

Helicopters obviously offer more maneuverability, and the Buzzard is the ultimate bounty-hunting-machine, but planes are still a lot of fun. I love doing barrel rolls in my Lazer.